• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Where Are You Getting Your Leads?

It all comes down to time management. Do you want to sit at a phone, cold calling 3-4 hours a day or do you want to be out at appointments selling. If you use the above formula in an 8 hour day minus the 3 you are cold calling that leaves you five hours if you don't get an appointment how much did that 3 hours really cost you, and then add that up in a week and a month that's allot of time invested in doing something you hate. There are firms out there that out of necessity will get you appointments, and realize that if you are making money they will make money it is a symbiotic relationship, on the down side if you are not happy they loose money, so its very simple invest not only your time but money wisely and you will not have to do the part of the job that everyone hates. Telemarketing is a tool than if used properly will work for you and pay for itself, it just comes down to how bad you want it.

So are you saying that you do not telemarket yourself, but rather purchase telemarketed leads?

Ron

It all comes down to time management. Do you want to sit at a phone, cold calling 3-4 hours a day or do you want to be out at appointments selling. If you use the above formula in an 8 hour day minus the 3 you are cold calling that leaves you five hours if you don't get an appointment how much did that 3 hours really cost you, and then add that up in a week and a month that's allot of time invested in doing something you hate. There are firms out there that out of necessity will get you appointments, and realize that if you are making money they will make money it is a symbiotic relationship, on the down side if you are not happy they loose money, so its very simple invest not only your time but money wisely and you will not have to do the part of the job that everyone hates. Telemarketing is a tool than if used properly will work for you and pay for itself, it just comes down to how bad you want it.

The best telemarketing leads that I have received are the ones that I have done myself.

The best telemarketing leads that I have received are the ones that I have done myself.

Lots of people have a hard time doing their own telemarketing, but I completely agree with you. It especially helps because you can filter out what a good lead and what's not worth a second call as opposed to a telemarketer that should have a primary job of simply finding people interested in a return call or a visit.

They definitely are.

Most agents don't telemarket because they don't know how. Using the phone to telemarket is a learned, well-practiced art. It just doesn't come naturally to people.

For agents who are willing to spend the time and learn to do it correctly it can be a very cost effective way of generating new clients. It really does work and works very well.

As I'm sure you already know, it is so much more than just simply having a "script".

I agree bigfrie doing it yourself is more personable and will start a relationship out of the gate, my company is for when it is time to decide whether the time is spent wisely cold calling or handling your current clients and new ones coming on and you are forced to turn the reigns over to an outside source. Then you must make that big leap of trust to ensure the growth of your company is in the right hands.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No Ron I believe for an agent to be the best at what he does he should be proficient in all aspects of the business, but hopefully there will come a time when it is actually loosing you money to be on the phone and you must outsource that service. When that time comes and marketing issues must be handled telemarketing has the best ROI if you get the right firm.

Last edited:
Soooo... Where's this magical system you were going to share?
Why is it we always want to assume agents are lazy and not willing to work hard. I am sure that is the case with some agents and I am speaking from personal experience because I have trained agents in the past. But to assume 70% of the agents reading your comments are going to be turned off because they are not willing to work hard is simply not true.

What do you say when you call them?

For Businesses:

Hi, this is ________, the reason for my call is to see if you are open to saving money on you or your employees' life, health or dental insurance?

For residences:

Hi, this is ______, the reason for my call is to see if you are open to save money on life, health, or dental insurance?

For Medicare Supps:

Hi, this is ______, the reason for my call is to see if you are open to saving money on your medicare plan?
I agree bigfrie doing it yourself is more personable and will start a relationship out of the gate, my company is for when it is time to decide whether the time is spent wisely cold calling or handling your current clients and new ones coming on and you are forced to turn the reigns over to an outside source. Then you must make that big leap of trust to ensure the growth of your company is in the right hands.
I will never be too busy to prospect. No matter how many clients I have or how big my agency get. I just don't see a good ROI by purchasing internet leads or telemarketing leads.

Telemarketing leads costs 25.00 per lead
Internet lead shared 12.00 per lead
Internet lead exclusive 20.00 per lead

For Med Supps:
I can buy 1000 name list for 50.00.
My ratio for every 100 dials is about 3 appointments, so for a 1000 name list I am averaging 30 appointments. That is a cost of 1.67 per lead.

My average Med Supp sale is around 129.00 in commissions advanced. I am closing around 20-22 appointments out of 30. So my ROI is 126.50 per lead.

Now you tell me where I can get that ROI from purchasing leads and I will sign up for it today.

Last edited:
No Ron I believe for an agent to be the best at what he does he should be proficient in all aspects of the business, but hopefully there will come a time when it is actually loosing you money to be on the phone and you must outsource that service. When that time comes and marketing issues must be handled telemarketing has the best ROI if you get the right firm.

While I am waiting for my first set of mail drops to come in, as well as getting set up for some telemarketing leads I cold called off and on for about an hour and a half. I made 40 dials and got one appointment for a mother and a daughter for next week. Even if the people are a no call no show I will say I was successful since I got off my rear and did something. Was it the best use of my time? I think so. Now all I have to do is do it for another 40 hours or so and I would hope it will get easier.

Ron

Back