• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Where Are You Getting Your Leads?

A lead company should want to replace a "bad" lead immediately becasue that is something the agent they are "working with" has identified as something that they cannot make money off of. The lead should be replaced and an investigation done after the agent has a chance to go out and make some money.

I buy aged leads, health and life. Then I pay $3 an hour to a philippine to call and set leads for me. It's not perfect but I get leads and I get to quote instead of calling myself.

I was a member of Netquote and Allwebleads at the same time a few months ago. netquote send me about twice as many leads in the same time frame as allwebleads. I closed about 1 in 10 from each. also during this time frame i received the same lead at the exact same time from both companies. Something is going on with the affiliates selling to both at the same time.

Something is going on with the affiliates selling to both at the same time.

why is it always about the affiliates? u think the vendors r angels? If the vendors can resell between themselves, why they heck cant an affiliate sell to more than one vendor?

Soooo... Where's this magical system you were going to share?

Leads are staring you in the face every moment of every day and insurance agents have forgotten how to turn these opportunities into clients.

I read this thread and see how small an amount of leads the agents here require and where they can buy them from and what quality they are.

Now it can be argued that if you are good closers let people who are good lead gatherers do their job. NO NO NO this is wrong. Salesman are always suckers for other salesman, so in insurance we have a sub sales market for leads which are usually poor quality, inconsistent and just dilute your commissions to a point that you will probably leave the industry as it is not paying enough.

I have just brought through a new agent who is writing $2000 a week annualized premium after 6 weeks in the industry with leads that he created after he started selling. No selling to natural markets, no bought leads, not even using a project 100 list, just a process that works and produces 6 to 10 leads a day, no internet, no letter mailing and these leads are also qualified. This agent has just increased his personal weekly target to $3000 and he is letting the leads go that offer the first objection because his flow of leads is greater than the time available for appointments.

As an new contributor here and an insurance agent I am going to share the process of how to make this happen free, first I have to commit it to paper. I have worked this way for 29 years in sales and it reawakens some of the skills that we let die in our effects to be more effective, professional and work smart modes.

I can tell you the first 3 principals

1. WORK HARD
2. WORK EVERY DAY
3. WORK AT LEAST 8 HOURS A DAY

With my experience in this industry I have probably lost 70% of the readers with the first 3 principals, the remaining 30% will go from being good to being great.

Leads are staring you in the face every moment of every day and insurance agents have forgotten how to turn these opportunities into clients.

I read this thread and see how small an amount of leads the agents here require and where they can buy them from and what quality they are.

Now it can be argued that if you are good closers let people who are good lead gatherers do their job. NO NO NO this is wrong. Salesman are always suckers for other salesman, so in insurance we have a sub sales market for leads which are usually poor quality, inconsistent and just dilute your commissions to a point that you will probably leave the industry as it is not paying enough.

I have just brought through a new agent who is writing $2000 a week annualized premium after 6 weeks in the industry with leads that he created after he started selling. No selling to natural markets, no bought leads, not even using a project 100 list, just a process that works and produces 6 to 10 leads a day, no internet, no letter mailing and these leads are also qualified. This agent has just increased his personal weekly target to $3000 and he is letting the leads go that offer the first objection because his flow of leads is greater than the time available for appointments.

As an new contributor here and an insurance agent I am going to share the process of how to make this happen free, first I have to commit it to paper. I have worked this way for 29 years in sales and it reawakens some of the skills that we let die in our effects to be more effective, professional and work smart modes.

I can tell you the first 3 principals

1. WORK HARD
2. WORK EVERY DAY
3. WORK AT LEAST 8 HOURS A DAY

With my experience in this industry I have probably lost 70% of the readers with the first 3 principals, the remaining 30% will go from being good to being great.

Can't wait for the rest of this...

It all comes down to time management. Do you want to sit at a phone, cold calling 3-4 hours a day or do you want to be out at appointments selling. If you use the above formula in an 8 hour day minus the 3 you are cold calling that leaves you five hours if you don't get an appointment how much did that 3 hours really cost you, and then add that up in a week and a month that's allot of time invested in doing something you hate. There are firms out there that out of necessity will get you appointments, and realize that if you are making money they will make money it is a symbiotic relationship, on the down side if you are not happy they loose money, so its very simple invest not only your time but money wisely and you will not have to do the part of the job that everyone hates. Telemarketing is a tool than if used properly will work for you and pay for itself, it just comes down to how bad you want it.

Back