• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Where Are You Getting Your Leads?

100% of my leads come from:

1. Family
  2. Associates
  3. Speaking engagements
  4. Volunteer opportunities
  5. Financial Planners
  6. Business leads groups (no BNI or PowerCore)
  7. Clients
  8. Families of prospects
None of these, I am sure, are of any interest to your "friend" who we won't know, who's trying to build a better lead generation mouse trap.

• I don't hire telemarketers
  • I don't buy lists
  • I don't sign up with an FMO who has a "system"
  • I don't do SEO organic marketing
  • I don't cloverleaf - drop by - in the neighborhood call

That is great. I think leads from network are higher quality but it is very hard for agents who are starting up to generate enough referrals in the beginning. Once you have a good customer base, this is definitely the way to go. How did you get your business started?

100% of my leads come from:
  1. Family
  2. Associates
  3. Speaking engagements
  4. Volunteer opportunities
  5. Financial Planners
  6. Business leads groups (no BNI or PowerCore)
  7. Clients
  8. Families of prospects
None of these, I am sure, are of any interest to your "friend" who we won't know, who's trying to build a better lead generation mouse trap.
  • I don't hire telemarketers
  • I don't buy lists
  • I don't sign up with an FMO who has a "system"
  • I don't do SEO organic marketing
  • I don't cloverleaf - drop by - in the neighborhood call

I started my business delivering pizza while networking my ass off. Here is what an average day would be like:

7:30 am to 9:45 am - Network with other professionals
10:00 am to 1:00 pm - Deliver pizzas to corporate accounts in offices
1:30 pm to 4:00 pm - Network/Product Knowledge/Meet with FMO's
5:00 pm to close - Deliver pizzas to residential neighborhoods

Volunteered for all day Saturday and Sunday work, open to close.

Now, one thing you got as a delivery driver was a slip of paper with the name, address and contact phone number on it. I got to keep a copy of those. Put them in a tickler file, and called months later as an insurance agent, to stop by a do a new, no cost, policy review.

Worked this for 8 months.

Went back to help out the following three Decembers - the pizza manager was very flexible with my hours, and encouraged what I was doing.

THAT'S how I started my business.

Bob,

That is an awesome story. Very creative approach to lead generation. But the person receive the pizza at corporate is different from that who buys insurance. So how do you reach the person who buys insurance?

Jason

I started my business delivering pizza while networking my ass off. Here is what an average day would be like:

Now, one thing you got as a delivery driver was a slip of paper with the name, address and contact phone number on it. I got to keep a copy of those. Put them in a tickler file, and called months later as an insurance agent, to stop by a do a new, no cost, policy review.

Went back to help out the following three Decembers - the pizza manager was very flexible with my hours, and encouraged what I was doing.

Bob,

That is an awesome story. Very creative approach to lead generation. But the person receive the pizza at corporate is different from that who buys insurance. So how do you reach the person who buys insurance?

Jason

I would snatch a business card from the receptionists desk and hold on to it. Then I would call back, and find out who to talk to. This is not very difficult, if you just know how to approach things from a different angle.

You are a very hard worker! Thanks for sharing the story with us.

The truth be told, I get my leads out of Rick's wastebasket that he dumps every night. He is so busy he as an enormous excess of leads!

I just take them off his desk while he's out playing golf.

Back