• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Where Are You Getting Your Leads?

Use hometown leads....If u want...

I will say this about hometown...Very nice people and good customer service BUT for Texas life leads they couldn't produce any leads for me. The few I did get were bad numbers. I cancelled they refunded me.

I hope they can get their lead volume up for Texas I would
go with them just because of their service.

I will say this about hometown...Very nice people and good customer service BUT for Texas life leads they couldn't produce any leads for me. The few I did get were bad numbers. I cancelled they refunded me.

I hope they can get their lead volume up for Texas I would
go with them just because of their service.

Thank you for giving us a try and your compliment on our service. We set up Hometown just like our agencies. Thus we have ASR's vs. CSR's but same function. To take care of our clients. Retention is every bit as important to us as it is to you guys.

Lead volume is down for a reason...we made a stand to quit buying junk. But first we had to be able to identify it on the front end, before we bought it. It took a Big investment in development time & a strategic partnership with another company to make it work. Like I posted elsewhere, it has lowered our volume a lot.

Quality wise: Life has always had the worst quality. Just a fact. Regardless if its our own generated stuff or through marketing agreements...I don't quite understand why, but it just is.

I don't know how long ago you tried us but if over 45 days ago, you might give Dom a call to see what volume we have for you. Not sure what part of TX you are in, but TX was in our top 5 for volume of Life leads in the last 30 days. [sorry, I won't post lead volume in public]

If you'd like to chat, please give me a call.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Use hometown leads....If u want...

Sales71,

I would appreciate it if you'd give me a call. Find out what we did wrong & correct it if there is any way possible. Only way I can improve is to know what we did wrong.

If in any way we didn't treat you right I'd like to know so we can fix the issue.

I am very glad ProAdvisors had a good customer experience even if we couldn't get him the leads he needed. I truly wish we could have helped him out with the Life leads he needs.

I took a call from a Forum member today wanting FE leads. I really wish I could get him the leads he needs but I can't. Why one might ask? What does the demographic for a FE lead look like? Do they have internet service at home? Do they shop for services online or in their community? We just do not get that many Life leads asking for less than $50,000, even fewer asking for less than $10,000.

FE sales reminds me of the "Debit" Life sales guys I first discovered in KY. They had a debit route they went by weekly/monthly to collect the life premium for the mostly, FE life policies they sold.

I don't know the answers to these questions with certainty. I would appreciate those of you that are FE experts, to help me out here with the demographics of the "ideal" FE consumer.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Leads are staring you in the face every moment of every day and insurance agents have forgotten how to turn these opportunities into clients.

I read this thread and see how small an amount of leads the agents here require and where they can buy them from and what quality they are.

Now it can be argued that if you are good closers let people who are good lead gatherers do their job. NO NO NO this is wrong. Salesman are always suckers for other salesman, so in insurance we have a sub sales market for leads which are usually poor quality, inconsistent and just dilute your commissions to a point that you will probably leave the industry as it is not paying enough.

I have just brought through a new agent who is writing $2000 a week annualized premium after 6 weeks in the industry with leads that he created after he started selling. No selling to natural markets, no bought leads, not even using a project 100 list, just a process that works and produces 6 to 10 leads a day, no internet, no letter mailing and these leads are also qualified. This agent has just increased his personal weekly target to $3000 and he is letting the leads go that offer the first objection because his flow of leads is greater than the time available for appointments.

As an new contributor here and an insurance agent I am going to share the process of how to make this happen free, first I have to commit it to paper. I have worked this way for 29 years in sales and it reawakens some of the skills that we let die in our effects to be more effective, professional and work smart modes.

I can tell you the first 3 principals

1. WORK HARD
2. WORK EVERY DAY
3. WORK AT LEAST 8 HOURS A DAY

With my experience in this industry I have probably lost 70% of the readers with the first 3 principals, the remaining 30% will go from being good to being great.

Back