Working Web Leads!

Anyone with web lead experience for life leads...I have a question.

What is a better investment "shared leads at $15.00 each" or "exclusive leads at $35.00 each"?

Thanks,

Depends on the ROI and the company.

For example, if you bought exclusive leads from ASAP Quotes, that would be a dumb dumb mistake. Why, you ask? Because most of their leads are bought from ProspectZone and resold minutes later to ASAP Quotes customers. So sure, ASAP may not resell the lead to any other agent, but they didnt generate the lead.

I'm a newbie to web leads. U seem to have experience, do you have any suggestions on lead companies?

You say you're a newbie and that's perfectly fine. Please just remember to know your products and UW inside and out first. Also, have your online presentation down pat - know exactly how to qualify and your sales process.

Don't sell by price - separate yourself when working leads. I sell by UW instead of by price which works well when you're competing.

That is the exact angle I was planning on...UW. I have a close friend that is a para examiner and that is exactly what he was telling me is the best way to go. Do you know of a script available for UW web lead?

I don't sell life - you need a life guy. My "MO" when I worked leads and even now when I get referrals I to put them into a screen share then pull up the UW guide.

It's very interesting for prospects. If they're healthy then I can show them their height/weight chart to show preferred/standard rates.

If they have a condition I'll do a PDF search for "allergies (ie)" and go over the likely UW decision.

My pitch is "rates are important but make sure you're getting true rates and also make sure you know the likely UW decision."

As another tip, at the end of every presentation always narrow it to one carrier (it'll always be one carrier you're recommending depending on a few factors) then compare two products that fit their needs. As an example, I show a HSA next to a PPO plan - compare both and let them choose.

Note that I start broad, then narrow. I'll show them Aetna next to UHC next to Carefirst first. Then recommend a single carrier.

Looking at it from a client's perspective, I'd be much more prone to buy life from an agent who recommended a specific carrier, told me why, then compared two plans.

Last edited:
be the first to call. be the last to call . i have found being pleasantly persistent gets the most out of ant lead

I agree 100%

Also, don't give up on a lead. Put them in your CRM & until they tell you to stop, contact them on a regular basis. You paid good money for these leads, work them correctly, don't give up on them & you will be successful.

Learn to give "good phone" as Frank S. says & I'm sure success will follow you.

I'd be glad to help & if you'd like to take advantage of the Forum special, please contact me.

Back