• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Any older agents out there?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I will be 63 this month. Been selling life insurance for almost 43 years. Wondering if there is any older forum members who still buy 20 FE leads a week and work 3 to 4 days a week trying to make contact with them?

You're still a puppy. I hit 67 last month. Been doing this since my 20's. I get 10 leads a week and in the field 2 days a week. Could do a lot more but like I said, I'm old people.

I am 69 and still working . . . but from home. All phone & email. No F2F. Medigap only. Don't buy leads. Over 45 years in the health insurance business in various capacities.

@rousemark is older. Still goes F2F and pretty sure he buys leads.
I am 75. Don't normally buy leads but I did just order a 1000 mail piece drop from Lead Concepts.. Figure spring will be here by the time I get returns.. ;) I have only ordered leads a few times and then it was because I had lead credit with SNL.. I don't order on a regular basis because I never know when I will be available to work the field as I minister to a church and that takes priority.

I was just wondering if any older agents still buy 20 DM leads a week and are in the field 4 or more days a week driving 500 to 1000 miles. I have to door knock and am not physically able to do that. I like to work hard 2 days selling FE and work the rest of the week on other lines of business. I have a nice book of MS policies paying renewals and I write about 50 new policies a year. I try to write enough term each year to keep my as earned around $2500 monthly. I draw about $2000 a month from SS. I just want to supplement all of this with FE sales not rely on selling FE as my only income.

Back