Anybody Worked With Securus Final Expense Recently?

Literally any one else out there. Trinity/FBLIC and Royal Neighbors are two that quickly come to mind that want your business and appreciate you and your business. They aren't looking to take your client away from you.

MOO is hardly a "mid-packer," imo, and I have had enough folks choose a dollar or two a month more for MOO over the "priced good" companies to know that the current FE gneration still has a soft spot for Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom :yes:

MOO is one of the better priced companies. But some agents are anti MOO due to they market products that they don’t allow the agents to sell. And when you offer them to customers you have to test the temp also due to the Med Sup rate increases.

But when you hit no negatives and their underwriting is a fit, I like them.

Take these contract levels and shop them around. Although for a newer agent with no downline this is decent, there are IMO's that will pay more.

Call the carriers directly and ask for a number of marketing companies that you can contact to contract with. Those are the players you want to be calling.

Expect NO support from these agencies passing out these high contracts.

And what would he have to do to get above what he has posted? Or are you saying there are outfits that can just hand out whatever they like to whom they like? For instance, can you get a new agent with no production history more than 117.5% with Baltimore?

I see others complained about the low comp in years passed, but I feel 125% is pretty high. Maybe that's because I contacted them directly through their website instead of responding to a "recruiting" ad. I remember when I was with SFG, I realized that I was only started at 60% to pay out all the middle men, while some people who approached SFG directly got much better contracts. I've heard Securus used to be MLM so I wonder if I lucked out with higher comp? You think I can get higher than 125% with a master contract?

Not a chance you will get 125% from them . .

I have to agree with you. If the company didn't have a background of low pay with questionable practices, I would consider myself fortunate (kinda like how I struck gold with Family First Life). But with the history, offering a new agent with no downline such a high comp just looks fishy. But it links directly to SuranceBay and he said right in the email what my % will be so it looks safe even if they have (had?) a bad rep? It's not an easy call.

If you struck gold - why are you leaving FFL . . .

Those levels are doable. No, the commission schedules are not available on SuranceBay. You should ask for the real schedules and get them before you do the first contract with them.

Also, keep in mind that most outfits don't change their spots. To put it another way, if you can get these levels through a reputable IMO (and you can) then that is what I would do.

What is your production for the past 12 months? That would tell us a ton of info. Until then, no one on here should be spouting off that it's easy to get 125% and higher.

Thanks for the good advice. I haven't worked in insurance for the last year. Prior to that I had some production but not enough to get me much. I'm ok without support also since I've written enough to know how to do the apps and most training is available online, like the FE101 site :)

And what would he have to do to get above what he has posted? Or are you saying there are outfits that can just hand out whatever they like to whom they like? For instance, can you get a new agent with no production history more than 117.5% with Baltimore?

Todd, I really don’t want to start this debate because you have a lot of passion when it comes to this topic and I or anyone won’t convince you differently on this forum - but why don’t you call some of the large producing IMO’s and tell them you have street and if they can beat it. If they say no, sell them on why they would want to work with you and if you are persuasive enough you’ll get 5 free points. The other thing you can do is piggy back on a friend that writes a lot of business. They will give you a higher contract bc they think you’ll write the same as the other person.

Maybe it’s not right that some do that, but it really does happen - you just have to work for it a little. And by work I mean bull crap your way.

Back