Book Suggestions??

Hi Everyone,
What are the best books you read as you began as an insurance agent?

Thanks in advance!

I recommend "The Long Tail" by Chris Anderson, Editor in Chief, of Wired Magazine.

The book covers one of the most over looked marketing secrets. A secret that everyone on this forum can use.

It's essentially the secret of over delivering.

If you're a writing agent, over deliver on customer service and don't over sell your prospects and you'll get more referral sales than sales from expensive leads.

If you're a website publisher, over deliver on content and your traffic will soar. Not from any of what you would call important key words, but from the "one-ofs" that make up over half of all Google daily searches.

If you're a recruiter, over deliver on your promises to your recruits. They'll stay with you and bring more agents to you than you could possible handle.

Last edited:
Old Enough to Know Better
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I liked it. Really nails it down for you if you have call reluctance.

I've read it a few times now. Your right it does this very well. Which is something I struggled with for a while. It pointed out everything I was doing that I thought was right, which really was just ways to not call on new business! lol

Last edited:

If you have ever attended one of David Sandler's seminars, you're a much better sales person because of it. He also produced some tapes back in the late 90s, that were later available on CDs.

He didn't teach "sales", he taught a system. He died about 10 years ago, but his name was franchised out and his system is still around.

I personally found his way of selling to be a little too confrontational, but one can adjust depending upon the sales situation.

If you come across his CDs, it's well worth the investment.

Back