Book Suggestions??

I searched for The Wedge and couldn't find it cheaper than $32. I'm broke right now so I can't make the investment. I'll search my local library and used book store and see if I can find it as well as some other titles suggested. Thanks everyone.

I searched for The Wedge and couldn't find it cheaper than $32. I'm broke right now so I can't make the investment. I'll search my local library and used book store and see if I can find it as well as some other titles suggested. Thanks everyone.

This book has most of the same information:

Half.com: How to Get Your Competition Fired (Without Saying Anything Bad About Them) by Randy Schwantz (2005, Hardcover): Using The Wedge to Increase Your Sales(9780471703112): Randy Schwantz: Books

I've been on a book buying binge lately. Most of the books I have recently bought have more to do with marketing than anything. One I'm reading is called How to Make your advertising make money by John Caples, and another one by him is called Tested Advertising Methods. Also good is Marketing to the affluent, and selling to the affluent, cant remember the author. If only there was an 8th day of the week to just read!:D:err::D:err::D:err::D

Some of the books mentioned here are great for life insurance sales. Not that there is anything wrong with life insurance sales and in fact it is a hard nut to crack so those who are good at it have my admiration. However, the fact is commercial p & c is different from life insurance. Neither one is superior to the other - just different.

First off, go to a Dynamics of Selling seminar which is done by the same organization as the CIC designation.

I read The Wedge but it didn't do much for me but others have read it and swear by it. I do agree with those who suggested the "Accidental Salesman" which is perhaps the best book on selling I've read.

Also, another book I highly recommend is "Spin Selling" and the workbook. You will not be able to put everything into practice right away but it is a very good track to run on for commercial sales in my estimation.

Good luck with your reading!

I'd recommend the Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen and the Twelve Pillars of Success by Jim Rohn and Chris Widener, because your personal habits affect your professional results.

I would also have to recommend my free e-book, the 7 Deadly Sales Sins (click the link):

Rob Liano’s Rock Star Sales Training™

It's more of an intro to a sales system, and those that praise Sandler are correct, you need a system because every aspect of what you do is a factor in your selling. The first call, the messages that you leave, the preparation, the presentation, the close and obstacles at the close and the post sale activity.

You will fail if you think you can simply wing it.

Brian Tracy although old school has some good stuff, Gitomer too and they both have free content on their websites. And Zig Ziglar has a new book out, Born to Win, I just ordered it so no review yet but again, personal and professional are intertwined.

Zig also has free webcasts if you go to this site and click the home tab and scroll down.
Zig Ziglar | Legendary Motivation and Performance Training

Remember . . . "A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read" ~Mark Twain

Best of luck!

Hi Everyone,
What are the best books you read as you began as an insurance agent?

Thanks in advance!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I forgot to add, I agree, the bible rocks! best sales tip ever,

Matthew 7:7 Ask and it shall be given to you . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to add, I agree, the bible rocks! best sales tip ever,

Matthew 7:7 Ask and it shall be given to you . . .

------------------------------------

Yeah, that one's at the top of my list as well

And...."the wedge " is sitting here somewhere if you want to borrow it. I just can stand the thought of a broke insurance guy;)

If it's that good it's a deal, do I have to come to PA? Road trip!!

Yeah, that one's at the top of my list as well

And...."the wedge " is sitting here somewhere if you want to borrow it. I just can stand the thought of a broke insurance guy;)

Back