BREAKING NEWS! New, highly competitive graded final expense available now!

Pricing doesnt matter....

The better question is how do they issue chargebacks and whats the comp for the desperate agent that feels the need to write GI...
This plan isn't GI. Do you not write any type of graded benefit for those that do not qualify for immediate benefit?

To be honest, I always disagreed with “sending GI clients to MoO.”

Our folks are professional procrastinators. Give them the number to MoO, tell them it’s the cheapest price out there and still, a very small % will actually pick up the phone and follow through.

They’ll get to it later. Yeah...right.

And these are the folks that need to get their coverage started ASAP to get past the 2 year waiting period.

And here you have a closer in their midst. Probably the best chance they’ll ever have to get coverage. And as Newby pointed out, it just takes a few minutes.

So if someone chooses not to write GI biz, fine. But to virtue signal saying the rest are being pushed by shady managers is a stretch.

If we’re going to assign morality to writing or not writing GI, I would argue using our sales skills to close these folks, that have waited way too long as it is, is the morally superior way of doing business.

Ya I get alot of push back for this statement... I dont take it personal, I know it seems odd that someone would say "walk away from the business"... so in lieu of countering every point Ill just say this...

I sell final expense by phone. All my comments should be taken with that perspective. Ill do better reminding everyone of that.

In telesales, ITS HARDER to do business than it is face to face, and the fail rate for indy TELESALES agents is incredibly high.

If you want to be successful selling FE over the phone, its an absolute MUST that you are selling a product with true SS billing. No GI, that I'm aware of has that... so for that reason alone, I wont write it.

GI business also has horrible chargeback rules. Its a win for the company and a lose for the agent.

In the home, if youre already there, you might as well write the GI... but Im talking about phone sales. You should qualify clients quickly and refer "bad business" (GI and Direct Express) to another company that will still help the client.

I am not advocating to treat people poorly, or to disrespect them. I am advocating that as a business owner time is your most precious commodity and you should only spend it with those that bear the most fruit, allowing others who specialize in GI and DE to handle those cases that end up distracting a telesales agent and writing less "good" business.

1) Too many people worry about being the "top of the top."

If you thrive on a goal, great.. set your goal. However, comparing yourself to other people sets you up for bitterness and jealousy.

2) Plan your work, work your plan.

Don't want to sell GI? Cool. Do want to sell GI? Cool. There's too many people that select a "guru" and then that's the only way to do business.

Ramiz offers a ton of value right now to agents transitioning to telesales from the field.

However, people that say their way is the only way and everyone else is doing it wrong immediately lose credibility to me.

3) I think Ramiz didn't really explain his thought process effectively and just called people desperate. GI can cause a lot more headaches on the back end, with chargebacks and service work, but that's the agent writing bad business.
Travis,

Thanks for helping me translate what Im trying to say.

I guess what it really boils down to is that Im finding, now more than ever, more agents struggling to find traction, and uplines telling them "its going to be ok" without any solid and practical advice.

One of the largest IMOs in the country is restricting agents to sell over the phone because "the quality is bad". So they are still using "old school" practices to get in the home. "Wave as soon as you walk up the lawn" and "Start cleaning your shoes on their door mat as soon as they open the door".

Stuff like that bugs me, a wiser person would shut up... I got some learning to do.

My take on GI, is simply that. "My take". My perspective from someone whos actually made money selling final expense over the phone for years. Someone who tried the GI game, and the DE gig. Simply put, over the phone, its bad business.

Agents can make their own assessment.

NOW... I do understand that Prosperity as a almost GI Senior Term Product. This might be something worth considering since Prosperity has true SS billing. Im not that familiar with them so they might have other issues, but the SS billing is a must in Telesales.

To be fair.. I was under the impression that Northstar only sells one company, please correct me if I'm wrong... So you're not really "independent."

I'm not knocking your business model. There are other telesales agencies that offer mutliple companies and GI just fine.

To be fair.. I was under the impression that Northstar only sells one company, please correct me if I'm wrong... So you're not really "independent."

I'm not knocking your business model. There are other telesales agencies that offer mutliple companies and GI just fine.

Well I am independent, I get to choose who I write my business with.

Again, Im in telesales, and Im trying to run a business.

Currently, there is only one carrier that "gets it" when it comes to telesales.

I choose to work this those that "get it".

Well I am independent, I get to choose who I write my business with.

Again, Im in telesales, and Im trying to run a business.

Currently, there is only one carrier that "gets it" when it comes to telesales.

I choose to work this those that "get it".

That's totally fair and a reasonable point. I don't disagree that it's better to have access to fewer companies vs more companies.

Medicare does just fine in most cases with telesales. FE can be a bit more feet draggy.

Ya I get alot of push back for this statement... I dont take it personal, I know it seems odd that someone would say "walk away from the business"... so in lieu of countering every point Ill just say this...

I sell final expense by phone. All my comments should be taken with that perspective. Ill do better reminding everyone of that.

In telesales, ITS HARDER to do business than it is face to face, and the fail rate for indy TELESALES agents is incredibly high.

If you want to be successful selling FE over the phone, its an absolute MUST that you are selling a product with true SS billing. No GI, that I'm aware of has that... so for that reason alone, I wont write it.

GI business also has horrible chargeback rules. Its a win for the company and a lose for the agent.

In the home, if youre already there, you might as well write the GI... but Im talking about phone sales. You should qualify clients quickly and refer "bad business" (GI and Direct Express) to another company that will still help the client.

I am not advocating to treat people poorly, or to disrespect them. I am advocating that as a business owner time is your most precious commodity and you should only spend it with those that bear the most fruit, allowing others who specialize in GI and DE to handle those cases that end up distracting a telesales agent and writing less "good" business.
@NSRH
Not to mention your perspective comes from writing $30+ Million in ap a year vs the average agent on here writing $150k.. maybe

That's as apples to oranges as it gets

Back