Could I get hired? Juvenile Sex Offender issue from 12 years ago.

@justaquestion

If you can get through this, and you still want to participate on this forum, I'd recommend registering for a new forum account.

At least here, you can start fresh again.

My only other possible recommendation (and it's still probably a long-shot) would be if you personally know anyone in the insurance business, and if you can be hired by them and their word for your character. Establish some experience under them and then after a couple of years, then your options could open up.

Just a thought.

Well yes of course, that was the purpose of creating a random account for this thread. The situation doesn't often come up in my life, but in this even its obviously an issue and one that I have to see whether can be passed or not.

Well yes of course, that was the purpose of creating a random account for this thread. The situation doesn't often come up in my life, but in this even its obviously an issue and one that I have to see whether can be passed or not.

If you can get licensed, you can get someone to contract you. The only question is who and if it is a company you want to associate with.

At this point, I really don't think we need any more details of what happened, all I can gather is that there was no forceful behavior?

Goillini52 has a very good point. With almost certainty, every contracting application will have a question that you will need to answer Yes to regarding this. You need to get very good at explaining it and demonstrating that you you were young and dumb and nothing remotely like this has happened since and will never happen again.

If you can get licensed, you can get someone to contract you. The only question is who and if it is a company you want to associate with.

At this point, I really don't think we need any more details of what happened, all I can gather is that there was no forceful behavior?

Goillini52 has a very good point. With almost certainty, every contracting application will have a question that you will need to answer Yes to regarding this. You need to get very good at explaining it and demonstrating that you you were young and dumb and nothing remotely like this has happened since and will never happen again.

You are correct there was not.

Understood, and I have to a degree. Most applications ask the question of being convicted of a felony or misd, to which I answer no. Because factually, legally, and truthfully I haven't. But I do offer up the fact they may find xyz and this what it was from and this is how it was handled and nothing else remotely relate as ever occurred. It's been 12 years I was a stupid kid.

You are correct there was not.

Understood, and I have to a degree. Most applications ask the question of being convicted of a felony or misd, to which I answer no. Because factually, legally, and truthfully I haven't. But I do offer up the fact they may find xyz and this what it was from and this is how it was handled and nothing else remotely relate as ever occurred. It's been 12 years I was a stupid kid.

Get you an appointment with Senior Life or a comparable Carrier and start writing some business. Unless it's murder or rape - what happens when you are 16 y/o shouldn't affect the rest of your life . . . Call me Monday - I'll help you.

Get you an appointment with Senior Life or a comparable Carrier and start writing some business. Unless it's murder or rape - what happens when you are 16 y/o shouldn't affect the rest of your life . . . Call me Monday - I'll help you.

I'll certainly reach out, it's much appreciated.

At this point I have to ask "why?"

Why do you want a career in insurance when it looks like you have no real future because of your past? Not trying to be mean here but every insurance company you deal with has to worry about a news reporter doing a story on you and why they would hire a sex offender? Not a good visual for any insurance company.

I mean this is a very hard business, very hard. If you got a start, you would be deeply behind things. You'd have to worry about a carrier changing it's mind and cancelling you at any moment. Are you sure you're up to it?

Look, I am just an agent. I have no interest in you becoming anything for me. I just want you to realize this is a hard business even when everything is perfect about you. It is also an expensive business to fail in. Money gets sucked away pretty quickly. So again, I would like to know why you want to go through this?

At this point I have to ask "why?"

Why do you want a career in insurance when it looks like you have no real future because of your past? Not trying to be mean here but every insurance company you deal with has to worry about a news reporter doing a story on you and why they would hire a sex offender? Not a good visual for any insurance company.

I mean this is a very hard business, very hard. If you got a start, you would be deeply behind things. You'd have to worry about a carrier changing it's mind and cancelling you at any moment. Are you sure you're up to it?

Look, I am just an agent. I have no interest in you becoming anything for me. I just want you to realize this is a hard business even when everything is perfect about you. It is also an expensive business to fail in. Money gets sucked away pretty quickly. So again, I would like to know why you want to go through this?

Don't listen to all this. Get you an appointment and go sell . . .

So what did I post that was a lie? I am more than willing to be convinced otherwise, but what companies do you know for sure would take somebody with a sexual pred in their background?

Sure he might work under an agent (who owns the accounts), but what company will give him a straight up agent's contract?

What future can you promise him in this business?

Don't listen to all this. Get you an appointment and go sell . . .[/Q

Back