Could I get hired? Juvenile Sex Offender issue from 12 years ago.

So what did I post that was a lie? I am more than willing to be convinced otherwise, but what companies do you know for sure would take somebody with a sexual pred in their background?

Sure he might work under an agent (who owns the accounts), but what company will give him a straight up agent's contract?

What future can you promise him in this business?

No lies - just a bunch of suggestiveness . . .

He'll have no problem with appointment(s) most likely - his crime wasn't financial and was a long time ago as a kid . . .

No lies - just a bunch of suggestiveness . . .

He'll have no problem with appointment(s) most likely - his crime wasn't financial and was a long time ago as a kid . . .

Can you name one company that you would guarantee would employ him? One that will give him an agents contract, where it is 100% his business?

Sorry no, let's be realistic for a second. You're a CEO of a large insurer and a tv crew comes in to interview you about hiring a sex offender, not a problem right?

If you haven't noticed insurance companies are not known for progressive behaviors.

It doesn't matter if his offense wasn't financial, what matters is how the public would perceive it and how much potential in lost business it would create.

Papa johns just lost 95 million in a day because the founder and Ceo said a unacceptable word in a business meeting. Did he even break a law?

Which brings us to Subway and Jarred... Subway is about to go under because of Jarred and his sexual offenses.

So please, be truthful does he have a real shot to make it with that baggage on his back?

There is a pitcher at Oregon State (national champs) who is great. He sexually abused a family member as a 12 year old. Although his numbers say he should have been a top 5 baseball draft player signing for millions of dollars.... nobody's touched him two years in a row now. And it isn't because of his ability.

This is a very hard business. He's wanting to come in with a real problem in his history. I mean it's great to encourage, but shouldn't we be honest about his chances? Would you put a company at risk and face stockholder backlash... when you can say no and not have this problem situation in your company? Why would you take it on?

All jokes aside....and never tell these jackals anything by the way (some of them are vicious, fun and good people....but vicious), send me an IM with were your at. We have several call centers around Florida and even though I'm not guaranteeing you anything....you never know what can happen.

Can you name one company that you would guarantee would employ him? One that will give him an agents contract, where it is 100% his business?

Sorry no, let's be realistic for a second. You're a CEO of a large insurer and a tv crew comes in to interview you about hiring a sex offender, not a problem right?

If you haven't noticed insurance companies are not known for progressive behaviors.

It doesn't matter if his offense wasn't financial, what matters is how the public would perceive it and how much potential in lost business it would create.

Papa johns just lost 95 million in a day because the founder and Ceo said a unacceptable word in a business meeting. Did he even break a law?

Which brings us to Subway and Jarred... Subway is about to go under because of Jarred and his sexual offenses.

So please, be truthful does he have a real shot to make it with that baggage on his back?

There is a pitcher at Oregon State (national champs) who is great. He sexually abused a family member as a 12 year old. Although his numbers say he should have been a top 5 baseball draft player signing for millions of dollars.... nobody's touched him two years in a row now. And it isn't because of his ability.

This is a very hard business. He's wanting to come in with a real problem in his history. I mean it's great to encourage, but shouldn't we be honest about his chances? Would you put a company at risk and face stockholder backlash... when you can say no and not have this problem situation in your company? Why would you take it on?

This kid isn't the first with a charge to want to be an Insurance agent. I'll help him get a few appointments and then he can make some sales and move forward . . .

You are correct there was not.

Understood, and I have to a degree. Most applications ask the question of being convicted of a felony or misd, to which I answer no. Because factually, legally, and truthfully I haven't. But I do offer up the fact they may find xyz and this what it was from and this is how it was handled and nothing else remotely relate as ever occurred. It's been 12 years I was a stupid kid.
Who here hasn't made a stupid mistake...I've been married twice and I was older than you at the time...still wish I could take back that first time.

If you can get licensed, which it sounds like you can, someone will appoint you. It may not be who you want, but I feel extremely confident in saying some company will. Particularly if you can get an IMO or agency owner to go to bat for you. Also, if you are in a call center, then I would say the odds go up tremendously.

I wish you the best and hope you are successful in insurance. Please do let us know.

This kid gonna surprise the world . . . He has the right attitude and the willingness to succeed . . . I've got a Case of Beer says he has 1, if not more, Appointments within 30 days of passing his Test and getting his License . . .

Latest posts

Back