Do Many of You Sell Plan N?

I enjoy selling the plan N, especially when I run into a person carrying a plan G. I tell them if they don't mind paying a small copay for doctors visits (or emergency room) they can usually save 300-400 dollars a year.
For most seniors that already have a plan F, I do not go in to much with other plans, just try to cut their plan F premiums.

I agree. Agents who only sell Plan F in Missouri have made me successful. I recommend Plan D, same as Plan N without the copay, and let them know that Plan N may be a better value for their premium dollar.

I very rarely run into a Plan F that I don't make a sale. I love Plan F and the agents who sell it. :laugh:

I agree. Agents who only sell Plan F in Missouri have made me successful. I recommend Plan D, same as Plan N without the copay, and let them know that Plan N may be a better value for their premium dollar.

I very rarely run into a Plan F that I don't make a sale. I love Plan F and the agents who sell it. :laugh:

Welcome to Florida Frank, I'm on the other coast from you, this is a new planet you have arrived on !!

Welcome to Florida Frank, I'm on the other coast from you, this is a new planet you have arrived on !!

Thanks. It is going to be different than living in the Ozarks.
They don't consider "Deliverance" a love story down there do they?

I like the "other coast" as well. Been going to Boca for several years to Tarpon fish.

Like he said, only a fool would have a favorite plan. Might want to stop while you're ahead
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Plan B? What agent prefers plan B? You lost any remaining credibility with that asinine comment.

Aren't you the same guy who last year said he recommended ONE Part D to potential clients because it paid the highest commission and you didn't have to do any work to get it?

Talk about losing credibility.

Thanks for calling me an fool Rick. I guess what I am really saying here, after doing a needs assessment, is I normally have one plan that I do enroll peeps in more than others. I have a lot of peeps that simply like the Plan F because they don't have any other charges with Hospital or Drs. Then, some are perfectly happy with Plan B. I was just asking an opinion about N.

I guess I'm in good company because I'm one of those "fools" also. I have been selling Plan D ever since 1993. In cases where Plan D is less than a Plan F to also cover the Part B deductible I don't give anyone a choice. I "foolishly" recommend Plan D to everyone I talk to.

Now that Plan N has entered the mix I also show them Plan N for their consideration. When Plan N first became available I let my clients know about it. The vast majority of them didn't want to change. They said the savings wasn't worth the hassle of having to deal with the deductible.

If Plan D is not available then I "foolishly" recommend a Plan G assuming there are similar savings. If they want a Plan F and the savings are there by taking a D or G then I do everything I can to talk them out of a Plan F to the point where I have told them to take a Plan F with another agent. That usually solidifies the deal.

When companies have separate increases for each Plan they sell, not an across the board increase, Plans D & G typically get lower premium increases.

Being a "fool" for the last eighteen years has served me well. Being called a fool ain't no bid deal. You ought to hear some of the "terms of endearment" Jacqueline comes up with. :D

For 2011 MoO offered Plan N in PA as a guaranteed issue plan, but withdrew the GI feature in April.

Yeah that's what happened all over. No news there.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aren't you the same guy who last year said he recommended ONE Part D to potential clients because it paid the highest commission and you didn't have to do any work to get it?

Talk about losing credibility.

Apparently there are more than one fool on here. Get your facts straight before you post.

Last edited:
Apparently there are more than one fool on here. Get your facts straight before you post.

So you didn't say the following?

My clients don't want to be told to "go to the pharmacy"". They want me to help them with their part D. If they are taking a ton of meds and dont' mind using CVS, the Plus plan is a good one because it pays 60% of their generic costs once they reach the doughnut hole (instead of the standard 7%). They have 50% brand names picked up in 2011 in the doughnut, so they really will have some help this coming year.

If they take no or very few meds, and want to just pick up a part D to avoid a future penalty, then I recommend the value plan, only $31 in TN.

Yes I do get paid quite nicely to enroll them (actually more than $45 FYI), which is one of the main reasons I chose them. Sorry but my time is valuable, and I will sell what is best for the client AND me.

If you need a link

AEP - Hows Everyone Doing This Year - Page 2

And what about this quote:

I do it for one reason: MONEY.

I am not doing this for charity, or to "help people"

Looks like I had my facts straight "fool".

Back