• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Ehealth and UHC Playing Games

Right now we are fully up in KS, MO, IL, OH, and TX, and have a few carriers in IN. I'll let you know what we find out from UHC. I've already been told it would be an easy fix technology wise on our end.

yeah but you guys are only in like what, 7 states?

you are totally ignoring the rest of us!

the other 50 states that is!
:skeptical:

Here is another one.... I have always tried to be as upfront as i can with consumers... I always give my best guess on what underwriting will come back with, hell 19 years in this biz i got a handle on what will happen in UW... if I felt a client would get a 25 or 50% rate up i always told them... exclusion... i told them...I always quoted the prefered rate and then followed up with "but here is what will truly happen"... well, now that is causing problems.

dateline Dallas, yesterday....... client hit website I call and she has a 9 year old with type 1 dib. tons of medication.. to the tune of about 800$ a month. currently on a non elected cobra(she must make deciaion by the 12th and pay the 3 months back premium of 668 a month). I tell her the rate and then follow up that it probably will be everrybit as much as the cobra (35 male and 1 kid) I know I was telling the truth.. I spooked her enough that Humana was the ONLY company that could remotely have an answer back by the 12 with a phone app that she had to do it NOW, no laterr than last night...

other agent, told her BCBSTX would cover them, for 260 month(preferred rate) and it would go to underwriting but the promised due to law the application would be covered(well, for the most part she was correct) she never discused a big rate up, never discussed letting the cobra expire was a problem... she just acted like hey federal law says kid will be covered.

this agent then said you must take a short term policy to bridge the gap till Jan 1....

client bought from the other agent, thinking the premium will be 260....

QUESTION.... what would you do?

now that we are in an "APP GAME" due to lower comp do we just slam the biz against the wall and say to hell with it? i mean the other agent did not lie, she just did not tell all she knew

Thank you for being an ethical agent. The "app game" will fail, it will only take time. A truly ethical agent who provides correct information and service after the sale will succeed long-term. Call the client back in 2 weeks after the other agent's plan falls like a lead balloon. Be prepared with prescreened quotes from your other carriers, and tell her you did your homework and didn't quote her preferred rates, but these are the actual rates the insurance company will most likely issue after the application is processed. Earn her respect, ask for her referrals, and she'll be a life long client.

Back