GoodRx - What's the catch?

I use GoodRx personally and as a customer it is a godsend for me. I have one Rx that isn’t covered by my insurance at all and out of pocket for my particular script is almost $200 depending on which pharmacy in town has it in stock. With GoodRx it’s often less than $50

Attachments

• F4C6B960-6BA7-4BDB-9945-93EA9CA76C11.jpeg
    F4C6B960-6BA7-4BDB-9945-93EA9CA76C11.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 6
So is that one of the reasons I’m suddenly inundated with marketing emails about Glic rx as an alternative to GoodRx? It surprised me that GoodRx was being challenged so aggressively.

So is that one of the reasons I’m suddenly inundated with marketing emails about Glic rx as an alternative to GoodRx? It surprised me that GoodRx was being challenged so aggressively.
None is innocent but it could be a good opportunity for Glic Rx to grow.

I stopped using goodrx completely and now use rxgo everyday. I wish I would of started this earlier. I’ve been giving free biz to good rx for far too long
a78fdfad34de6b731a02.svg

Save over $2,000 per year by finding the right Medicare plan for you
Sponsored by
GoHealth-Logo.png

Answer 4 simple questions to find additional Medicare savings and benefits. All at no additional cost to you.

GoodRx may receive compensation if you purchase a Medicare plan through GoHealth.Based on median Medicare Advantage benefit amounts for dental available across multiple plans and metro areas. Not all benefits available in specific plans or regions. Data point: People enrolled in MA plans save on average $2,000 per year compared to those on traditional Medicare.
See if I qualify
Call 1-844-501-6705 to speak with a licensed agent

I decided to go with GlicRX after comparing prices on the drugs I checked, GlicRX beat RXGO 2/3 of the time. Doesn't pay as well, but in my mind a better deal. When I went to GoodrRX to compare against GoodRX, this ad was in the middle of the page.

Besides giving money to GoodRX, you also give them prospects(your clients). I had an appointment with a couple of clients who are sisters who live together, and I had told them to get GoodRX cards several years ago. The night before, the older sister called me and told me that her sister got talked into taking a MA plan over the phone and wanted me to come by and help her.

Turns out it was through GoHealth. I briefly started to tell her the difference between her Med Supp and the MA. When I mentioned copays, networks and she'd have to change doctors, she said they didn't tell her any of that. She also said she had called GoHealth back to cancel it and they just kept transferring her and not cancelling it. I told her not to worry because I want to move you to a different PDP, and that will automatically cancel it out.

Last year I told her to call Humana and let them know that she doesn't want the $61 plan, but wants to be on the Walmart plan. She didn't call, so she's been paying for that expensive plan and she takes 2 Tier 1 generics. So she's going to save $ 50 a month on her PDP.

This lady was screwed twice by MA and PDP while CMS watches. These companies are confusing the hell out of people and taking advantage of them.

Caveat, not an agent.

I think that is a secondary reason.

My guess is that the primary reason is money for everybody involved.

(And as I have stated before, I don't see the two GoodRx alternatives being promoted by FMO's as consumer friendly as either GoodRX or RXGO. But, I am not an agent and I don't see the vast range of meds your clients have to buy during the year.)

Back