• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Hitting Your Goal and Clocking Out

Baseball7

Guru
1000 Post Club
I’ve heard this a lot. Say you write 5,7k, etc after only 2-3 days do you really stop for the rest of the week?

I do not quit working until I am at the top of my company leaderboard... since there is some killers on my group I can never rest and I am still just trying to keep up lol. I am sure many do quit after a good day but I always feel like when I take a break I will get hit with charge backs or a bad week after if I do.

I’ve heard this a lot. Say you write 5,7k, etc after only 2-3 days do you really stop for the rest of the week?

That's what Travis teaches. It's hard for most to do that. He's really looking at the long run. Personally I've seen many come in and really kill it for a couple years and then they are gone.

Burn out or whatever you want to call it.

I've seen agents have a $250K year and then the next year not break $100K.

For me, I'm normally in the field 2 days a week. Tues and Thurs. If I'm over my goal on Tues then I'm not scheduling any appointments on Thurs. I may still do some business. I will use that day to deliver some policies, do some service work and that kind of work. If that takes to an area where I have some leads then I will call then while there.

Or I may catch up on some referrals that I haven't gotten to.

Then say I'm close to my goal after Tues. I will schedule a full day for Thursday. After maybe the first 2 appointments I'm over goal, I won't cancel the scheduled appointments. I will still go to them. And it seems you always sell at those when you don't care if you do.:cool:

And one thing I'm for sure not doing if I already have my numbers, doorknocking. I don't care if I'm next door. I'm not DK'ing when I don't need the business. I'll catch them next time, or never.:1wink:

It is a marathon, not a sprint. Since it is online, it is really hard to judge the age of people, but let's just say the average age of the agent entering FE is 35.

Simply to reach the age for early Social Security retirement is another 27 years, whether they can or will hang it up at that point is another question. While there is no guarantee that they will still be selling insurance, much less FE 27 years from now, they should approach it with the mentality of sustainability. Work at a pace that you can keep up for years. If you are looking to get rich, FE isn't the place to be. But you can definitely make a great income without killing yourself to do it.

While I have never been an advocate of shutting it down once your goals are reached, I definitely believe in taking your foot off the gas and coasting through the rest of the week.

It is a marathon, not a sprint. Since it is online, it is really hard to judge the age of people, but let's just say the average age of the agent entering FE is 35.

Simply to reach the age for early Social Security retirement is another 27 years, whether they can or will hang it up at that point is another question. While there is no guarantee that they will still be selling insurance, much less FE 27 years from now, they should approach it with the mentality of sustainability. Work at a pace that you can keep up for years. If you are looking to get rich, FE isn't the place to be. But you can definitely make a great income without killing yourself to do it.

While I have never been an advocate of shutting it down once your goals are reached, I definitely believe in taking your foot off the gas and coasting through the rest of the week.

27 years? Whaaaaaat? Haven't you heard? All of the companies are going to phone sales and e-apps and doing away with external agents. We're all doomed!

27 years? Whaaaaaat? Haven't you heard? All of the companies are going to phone sales and e-apps and doing away with external agents. We're all doomed!

No telling what insurance will look like in 27 years. But odds are, a 35 year old today is going to be working doing something in 27 years.

And I'm glad to see you missed the big takeaway there.

So, are you working on an exit plan for Matthew?

I am closer to what VolAgent is saying. Once I hit my goals, I don't completely just shut down. However, I do just "coast". Burnout can be a horrible thing, and speaking from experience after you deal with burnout it can take a long time to just feel the motivation to get back at it.

Hitting and mini-celebrating your goals is a good practice. Keeping yourself from hitting the wall of burnout by actually taking a moment for yourself I find to be extremely important. I'm sure there is a nice balance of "pushing forward" and "pulling back". Just how I view it :)

Back