HSAInsider has changed-Did you know?

wilkin

Guru
100+ Post Club
HSAInsider.com used to be regarded as a great resource for unbiased (mostly) information on health savings accounts. They were often referenced in articles and many insurance agents would even link to them from their websites. No more! This is a direct selling agency of the likes of ehealthinsurance competing with us all. So if you are linking to them, you are sending your prospects to your competition.
-Bill

This happened a while ago and was sad. Yes, they use to be a fantastic unbiased site flush with information. Now they have sold out to the highest bidder for leads.

Not exactly . . .

HSA Insider links to eHealth. If you consider eHealth to be the competition then you need to find a new line of work.

eHealth writes a lot of business but how much of it sticks?

Not as much as they (or the carriers) would like.

They are a high volume producer and that is all. Carriers have always been whores for top producers and always will be. Turn in 100 apps a year and you can almost write your own ticket. Turn in 300 apps and you can be sleeping with the presidents wife and the carrier will love you any way.

As long as you produce you are the darling. Doesn't matter if your lapse ratio is 30% and your loss ratio is 100%. Carriers are premium pigs.

I take business away from eHealth on a regular basis. Both in force and new prospects. I love eHealth. They make my job so much easier.

Yes, unfortunately true. Without naming an agency I know of one that shovels a lot of business into a certain company with a pathetic placement ratio and even worse persistency. They promote unethical sales tactics and teach agents to churn business. They have received a massive amount of complaints from agents and clients alike and as long as they keep submitting volume they'll be constantly punished with trips to Hawaii.

"HSA Insider links to eHealth"

Somarco - I thought they sold direct using a Norvax engine, but you are correct, they link to ehealthinsurance.

Do they get a per app fee?

-Bill

Bill -

I have no idea if they get a referral free (like affiliates), an override, or a commission.

I don't see why it matters.

Do you?

Bill -

I have no idea if they get a referral free (like affiliates), an override, or a commission.

I don't see why it matters.

Do you?

Just curious. I've seen agent sites that take all the leads from states they work and sell them direct, and leads from all the others are directed to ehealth. They must pick up some easy income from whatever fees they receive for the referrals.

Back