Inappropriate Marketing

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
So I'm at my son's soccer game yesterday and the place is packed with parents from both teams.

Shortly before the game starts, the ref is going around handing a flyer to everyone. Before he got to us I figured it was something about the league.

Nope. He was handing out his Primerica flyers with his business card stapled on it to every parent at the event. The front talked about budgeting for goals and dreams - the back talked about annuities, life insurance, mutual funds, legal protection, "Debt Watchers", LTC, etc...

My wife looks at me like WTF? as we notice similar reactions from the other parents.

Monday's fallout? So many complaints that the ref is toast (it's a paying position) - the league fired him, sent an apology email with a new rule that no one can solicit at soccer events.

So I'm at my son's soccer game yesterday and the place is packed with parents from both teams.

Shortly before the game starts, the ref is going around handing a flyer to everyone. Before he got to us I figured it was something about the league.

Nope. He was handing out his Primerica flyers with his business card stapled on it to every parent at the event. The front talked about budgeting for goals and dreams - the back talked about annuities, life insurance, mutual funds, legal protection, "Debt Watchers", LTC, etc...

My wife looks at me like WTF? as we notice similar reactions from the other parents.

Monday's fallout? So many complaints that the ref is toast (it's a paying position) - the league fired him, sent an apology email with a new rule that no one can solicit at soccer events.

Like the Primerica agent solicting at the deceased's funeral. :twitchy:

on a side note.....my boys were packed back to back this weekend umping baseball.....its really cool....I coached both of my sons baseball teams from teeball to pony.....and heard them on many occasions complain about calls.....now the shoe is on the other foot....they are umpires on the same fields they use to play one....

Image:
319845_10150975532558824_530273823_12080726_1721800811_n.jpg

I love most of Mark's stuff, but this is up there with Pizza and business cards in the hospital waiting area!

No offense Mark--keep the ideas coming!

Back