Inappropriate Marketing

He was probably told to come up with 100 names of friends and relatives and thought this was better then that. If so he was probably right. ha

Firing the guy is a bit overboard. They could have just informed him that it's not allowed. Give him a first offense. This zero tolerance crap is too much.

Sounds kinda like a lazyman's Ned Ryerson...

The bad thing about it is that the majority of the people at the game probably have no insurance or are underinsured. The fired ump will eventually get another gig because survivalist do that. Those at the game will probably one day wish they had taken the guy up on the offer, that is when their loved one dies, or they wake up one day and are diagnosed with some dreadful disease.

But to get the guy fired?? Winers and cry babies who know no better.

So in the end, who is the real loser? Those that want to complain about something that really is not in their best interest to complain about. For real, most of us have cold called, or will cold call in the future, or door knock some unsuspecting soul in the hopes of making a buck. Where is this any different?

For me, I would have given the guy an "A" for effort and wished I had the balls to do something like that.

The bad thing about it is that the majority of the people at the game probably have no insurance or are underinsured. The fired ump will eventually get another gig because survivalist do that. Those at the game will probably one day wish they had taken the guy up on the offer, that is when their loved one dies, or they wake up one day and are diagnosed with some dreadful disease.

So in the end, who is the real loser? Those that want to complain about something that really is not in their best interest to complain about. For real, most of us have cold called, or will cold call in the future, or door knock some unsuspecting soul in the hopes of making a buck. Where is this any different?

For me, I would have given the guy an "A" for effort and wished I had the balls to do something like that.

There is a time and place for marketing, and if it pissed off this many parents that he got fired, well, then this is one of those times it wasnt........

People are there to see their kids and have family time, they dont want to be marketed too......

You can sponsor a team, a luncheon afterwards or something, but to hand out flyers? Kinda chickenshit in my opinion.... All the guy did is cause litter at the park

wow, that is the type of salesperson that i just cant deal with. Would never buy anything from somebody like that....unless she was really cute! ;)

Sorry, was a HS and State Soccer ref for a decade, plus ran a club with 2,000 players and oversaw a league with 15,000 players at one time. Also played 30 years and coached 15. Ya just don't do something like that.

I have a feeling this wasn't the first time the guy did it and there are some very clear guidelines involving youth sports. This guy crossed several of them.

I would have to wonder if he was stupid enough to do something like that, how good a ref was he?

So in the end, who is the real loser? Those that want to complain about something that really is not in their best interest to complain about.

BECAUSE most organized kid sporting events have a no solicitation rule ....I know at the ballpark if you want to advertise you buy a banner for the fence and that is as much as you can do.....

Ok, the venue may have not been the best place to pass out fliers, although as for myself I would have no problem having someone hand me a flier at my son's baseball game that is me. It just might be something I am interested in. My point was to emphasize the point that for everyone to get their panties in a wad over this and have the ump fired is a little ridiculous. Now if the ump had been reprimanded in the past and violated policy more than once then that does make a difference. Still, I guess I am like Donald Duck when it comes to stuff like this whereas some are a little sensitive.

Back