MAPD Enrollment grew 9% this year and will pass Medigap enrollment next year

Potato Potato. A lot really depends on the market. If you see a maps with a zero premium, dvh, and otc and a 900 per year MOOP with a solid network why not go MA. If you see 8k MOOP, and a crappy network why would you not go supp. Unless you just can't afford it. Like I said potato, potato.

Potato Potato. A lot really depends on the market. If you see a maps with a zero premium, dvh, and otc and a 900 per year MOOP with a solid network why not go MA. If you see 8k MOOP, and a crappy network why would you not go supp. Unless you just can't afford it. Like I said potato, potato.

You can ALWAYS afford it. There are lower cost options in Medigap. As for your MAPD example, where is there a 900$ MooP? Because I agree.. I'd turn them to that no matter what.

You can ALWAYS afford it. There are lower cost options in Medigap. As for your MAPD example, where is there a 900$ MooP? Because I agree.. I'd turn them to that no matter what.

Great attitude. Most seniors are going to tell you they can't afford anything. Don't buy into it. What in the world did all these poor people do before MA with no premium came in to save the day? They AFFORDED the med supps!

In 2005 before the MAPD plans became popular the Part B premium was $78.20 and the Part B deductible was $124.00 not to mention the Medicare Supplement was significantly less then they are now also. That's how people afforded Med Sups before the $0 premium MA plans came to the rescue. It's quite obvious the Part B premiums and Part B deductibles will continue to climb.

All I have is a $500 moop with a $131 part b giveback :D[/QUOTE

I throw up when I have to sell WellCare . Go to any big Medicare Facebook group and 5000-1 the dislike of WellCare is mind boggling . I know there’s a $480 part D deductible . I’m sure there’s zero extra benefits . What could in fla is that ? That’s the problem with mapd .If you had a big book and that product hits your area phone reps are going to hit your book hard .

Tons of extra benefits and $15 brand drugs. $0 inpatient or outpatient. MRI $0.
$1400 in OTC
$400 vision.
$5k in dental
$2500 flex card
All while refunding $131 each month.
This is in Miami where plans are nuts.

i try to stay away from WellCare MAPD but I still do about one every other month

Tons of extra benefits and $15 brand drugs. $0 inpatient or outpatient. MRI $0.
$1400 in OTC
$400 vision.
$5k in dental
$2500 flex card
All while refunding $131 each month.
This is in Miami where plans are nuts.

i try to stay away from WellCare MAPD but I still do about one every other month

That is almost literally stealing candy from a baby.

The county I live in has one - yes, only one - MAPD. It is $99 and it's blah.

100% agree . People who make $100k or more a yr will buy a med sup and i agree . People between $60-$90k will tussle what to buy . $40-$60k will be 80-20% mapd/med sup . Below $40k will be 95% mapd. I think the acceptance with mapd is “ Its actually as good or better than my group coverage but its zero cost . You’ll never here me argue a sup is much better coverage than a mapd . But its about costs for many lower income people . The big rise in mapd the last few yrs speaks for itself. The $170.10 part b has pushed more people to mapd .
Predicting MAPD vs medigap based on income is amateur.

In 2005 before the MAPD plans became popular the Part B premium was $78.20 and the Part B deductible was $124.00 not to mention the Medicare Supplement was significantly less then they are now also. That's how people afforded Med Sups before the $0 premium MA plans came to the rescue. It's quite obvious the Part B premiums and Part B deductibles will continue to climb.

HDG is literally $30-60 a month.

Latest posts

Back