New Agent Advice :) Yeah Yeah not again :)

My main business is Medicare (MAPD, Rx, Medigap) with ACA being secondary. I've also sold a few annuity and life policies - my life policies are mostly regular whole life along with a few term policies...maybe a handful of FE.
Tips - tricky question to answer! There are so many variables to consider and what works for one person may not work for another (just like an insurance policy!). Generally, I'd recommend knocking out CE courses early in your license cycle so that you can learn more about what you're selling (pick courses that will accomplish this). Get access to some good quote systems so that you can compare products from a $ point of view. Come to grips with the fact that a lot of these insurance products are "commodities" in that there truly isn't a ton of differentiation between them - a lot of people will say that this isn't so but there is nothing wrong with approaching this as a Transactional business...just provide the right tool (how many types of screwdrivers are sold?) and the best experience and support that you can deliver - people WILL refer you if you deliver a solid beginning to end experience.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you work with a brokerage? I am constantly getting emails and phone calls from brokerages promising me the moon. I worked AEP last year with MCC brokerage in Tampa and have been in contact with JSA.
What do you do about leads/marketing?

Thanks for the feedback. Do you work with a brokerage? I am constantly getting emails and phone calls from brokerages promising me the moon. I worked AEP last year with MCC brokerage in Tampa and have been in contact with JSA.
What do you do about leads/marketing?
You should definitely get used to being solicited for your insurance business. IMOs FMOs agencies...they are all pretty damn similar -despite what they may say that makes them unique or "better". Find someone that you can easily speak with and that offers the resources that are important to you. I've contracted with several different organizations but have whittled them down to just a few - broken down by their focus areas (e.g. some cater more to life or Medicare or group sales or whatever).

Back