NEW CMS REGS COMING.....

Keep in mind that your recorded call does not require the DOJ Civil Rights Division or the Carrier to listen to the entire one and a half hour conversation. All they have to do is use a key word search such as “Best Plan”. Since carriers are the enforcers they will most likely want all calls recorded or stored on their system similar to the SOA. They are going to be doing random call enforcements. Seems like a great way to steal your renewals. Of course if you loose your renewals the FMO always gets to keep theirs. See a pattern here?

That’s not correct on renewals in mapd . If you lose your renewals the upline loses their overides . You must be contracted and certified for your upline to keep getting renewal overides . No different than when you die and have no contingency plans in place . When recertification comes and your dead the renewal overides go away . Why do you think many Medicare fmo’s have specified programs for succession planning ? It sure as hell ain’t for the agents family . The fmo wants to protect their massive gravy train overides . In that respect the fmo has an incentive to keep your renewals coming . So if the carrier terms a book of 500 that takes $75 k a yr overide out of fmo’s pocket .

That’s not correct on renewals in mapd . If you lose your renewals the upline loses their overides . You must be contracted and certified for your upline to keep getting renewal overides . No different than when you die and have no contingency plans in place . When recertification comes and your dead the renewal overides go away .

I wrongly assumed that this was the case as it is with the MedSupp upline. This new understanding makes it even more advantageous for an FMO to help the little guy. I just don’t see that happening. Thanks DonP

You can still market Med Supps any way you want, including cold canvass door knocking. It's MAPD/PDP they're talking about. When you explain Medicare, they'll ask you about PDP.

I've been referring PDP out as well.

So - if we lead with Supp and they ask about PDP - that allows us to talk about / enroll into a PDP? Been awhile . . .

AHIP required for PDP?

[QUOTE="DonP, post: 1443116, member: 90591"

As I recall you run a call center . Probably working Facebook , telemarketing or transfer leads . Med sup is 90% middle to upper income people now . That demographic rarely answers cold calls or leads .How could you possibly getting enough traffic for med sups to keep agents busy ?][/QUOTE]

We haven't started the CC yet - weather held us up. Have a few agents working from home. It's mostly FE and we ask about Medicare Supps. But - 90% of those contacted don't have the income for Supps and we sub it out.

I've been referring PDP out as well.

So - if we lead with Supp and they ask about PDP - that allows us to talk about / enroll into a PDP? Been awhile . . .

AHIP required for PDP?
Yes, if they bring up PDP, have them sign a SOA and enroll them.

SilverScript didn't require AHIP a few years ago. I'm not sure if there's a carrier that doesn't require AHIP for PDP. Seems like I read that maybe UHC doesn't. I'm not sure....It's been 15 years since I've sold their PDP.

"We haven't started the CC yet - weather held us up. Have a few agents working from home. It's mostly FE and we ask about Medicare Supps. But - 90% of those contacted don't have the income for Supps and we sub it out."
................................................................................................
You can get referral fees of $100 per MA and $25 per PDP enrollments.

AHIP is a piece of cake. It's more annoying than anything else.

Say you write 800 PDPs over a few years. It's 30k recurring. Not a ton, but not something I'd turn down either. It's almost a (yearly) down payment on a small rental property...

Seems like I read that maybe UHC doesn't

UHC allows you to do their system or AHIP to fulfill that requirement, but they require you to be eligible to sell PDP/MAPD to be contracted.

AHIP is a piece of cake. It's more annoying than anything else.

AHIP isn't the issue, for me, anymore. It's all the other nonsense.

Soon, it'll be a matter if the hassle is worth the effort.

I don't know what my answer is to that, yet.

"We haven't started the CC yet - weather held us up. Have a few agents working from home. It's mostly FE and we ask about Medicare Supps. But - 90% of those contacted don't have the income for Supps and we sub it out."
................................................................................................
You can get referral fees of $100 per MA and $25 per PDP enrollments.

you ( goillini52 ) are incorrigible.
(I bolded that so you could read it)

Back