• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Opinion on GMAC Insurance

I just had them cancel a clients policy without my clients knowledge or mine. I called them up and they said the computer for some reason canceled the policy. The policy was paid in full and the money was returned to there credit card. When I said we didn't request a cancellation they said in order to reinstate the policy they needed a statement of no loss. I was like Really? It was your fault and you are requesting a statement of no loss?

I did the policy with another company for less. One day they may be a good company but with the new quoting system and ownership changes they are not organized. I personally see them as nonstandard when it comes to service. They need to train there people about customer service. There broadmarket rates are too low for drivers with accidents but if you want to write the business you probably can. I am guessing a rate increase soon.

I want to say I use to believe in them but have had several issues that are not related to rates. If the owner is listening please organize your company!

Last edited:
We just switched from Progressive (who I wouldn`t recommend to ANYONE) to GMAC Insurance. They gave us an amazing deal. Liability protection on a 1978 Motorhome and a 1986 Toronado and Full Coverage on a 2000 Solara with 1,000 deductible for $300 total per six months.. Just curious as to if anyone else had experiences with GMAC?

GMAC rocks!!! They give great coverage with amazing discounts. I can't tell you enough how excellent their product is and how much we sell of them everyday at Dependable Auto Insurance Services! They are very reputable with outstanding service as well. Thumps up! Highly recommend to everyone.

GMAC rocks!!! They give great coverage with amazing discounts. I can't tell you enough how excellent their product is and how much we sell of them everyday at Dependable Auto Insurance Services! They are very reputable with outstanding service as well. Thumps up! Highly recommend to everyone.

THX for posting this twice....

RBA,

Does GMAC have a new Rep for Arizona. I know Gabe who was our Rep left the company.

Yes they do, its the lady that used to rep for Electric....

when you get to 25 posts, I will private message you, I wont post her name or number here

I am a new independent agency in Ohio. I was a captive and recently made the switch. I have a few appointments but I would like to get a GMAC appointment. I filled out there appointment form but they have never contacted me. Does any one know the rep for Ohio?

Thanks in advance for any help.

We just switched from Progressive (who I wouldn`t recommend to ANYONE) to GMAC Insurance. They gave us an amazing deal. Liability protection on a 1978 Motorhome and a 1986 Toronado and Full Coverage on a 2000 Solara with 1,000 deductible for $300 total per six months.. Just curious as to if anyone else had experiences with GMAC?
Anyone knows if GMAC is competetive in PA?

Back