• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Pdp $$

If PDP rates are minimum $20+ month, many of those on generics or no drugs are going to start considering the potential costs of PDP LEP vs the premium, And drop their PDP

Hockey is
all the article proves is that MAPD is not 60% of the market.

The question at hand is why the views on PDP (servicing the PDP specifically) has changed.

The reason, is because of inflation. IF PDP commissions go to Zero across the board, (which is unlikely), many agents wont be able to afford to service the clients for free.

This was not true several years ago.
Why? Because of inflation. The cost of running a business, and living has gone up. #BidenFlation

as @Midlevel mentioned in post #22 "Remember insurance agents work 100% on commission. We don't have a salary and a chance to make extra money if we sell something. It is our livelihood and believe it or not we do have expenses like rent, office supplies, gas, some have assistants, etc."

The market share of MAPD doesn't change that. The discussion of that is just a red herring.

The cost of running a business and the cost of living is what changed.

If agents lose the commissions from PDP, they will have to put their efforts elsewhere to create more income. Such as, acquiring new customers.

Many agents, only sell the OM side of the business, so switching to MAPD is not an option. Those agents will have to sacrifice service to PDP and focus on acquiring new medsupp business, or be forced to lose income, or be forced to add a line of business to compensate for the loss, ie: MAPD, LI, DVH etc..
Hockey is kind of correct . I’ve read the following figs at least 10 times . Around 32 million are on mapd plans .Theres about 14.8 million on med sups and that’s been falling yearly the last 10 yrs . About 7 million only have original Medicare a and b . Many millions have tricare . Then you got many many millions with only part A or Part B

Hockey is

Hockey is kind of correct . I’ve read the following figs at least 10 times . Around 32 million are on mapd plans .Theres about 14.8 million on med sups and that’s been falling yearly the last 10 yrs . About 7 million only have original Medicare a and b . Many millions have tricare . Then you got many many millions with only part A or Part B
You probably shouldn't jump in the middle of a conversation, especially when you don't fully understand the conversation at hand.
I tell that to my 8 year old all the time.

The growth of a superior product is not the reason, why many agents views are changing on servicing existing PDP.

The reason is economic. And it would be further exasperated if commissions go to zero.

However, if you and Hockey's reason for neglecting your medsupp clients is because you would rather focus on your MAPD clients, I suppose there is a segment of agents who's reason is that they are biased bad agents 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yagents wrote: "If PDP rates are minimum $20+ month, many of those on generics or no drugs are going to start considering the potential costs of PDP LEP vs the premium, And drop their PDP"

Wow, talk about penny-wise and pound-foolish! Wait till somebody needs one of those $16,000 a month cancer drugs and has no coverage. BIG mistake. People who ignore good advice do so at their own peril.

That said, some will want to "move in" with a sibling in another state to create a SEP. If you were their agent, what would you do?

You probably shouldn't jump in the middle of a conversation, especially when you don't fully understand the conversation at hand.

The growth of a superior product is not the reason, why many agents views are changing on servicing existing PDP.

The reason is economic. And it would be further exasperated if commissions go to zero.

However, if you and Hockey's reason for neglecting your medsupp clients is because you would rather focus on your MAPD clients, I suppose there is a segment of agents who's reason is that they are biased bad agents 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have I think 50 sup clients . So not any issue for me . But I think I’ll be selling more sups depending on how bad mapd shits the bed . If benefits get cut in 1/2 , copays sky and there are possible premiums have to sell more plan N’s . Time will tell

You guys can jibber jabber about this all you want. I'm taking the winning side of the conversation.

I'm agreeing with your 8 year old.

Yagents wrote: "If PDP rates are minimum $20+ month, many of those on generics or no drugs are going to start considering the potential costs of PDP LEP vs the premium, And drop their PDP"

Wow, talk about penny-wise and pound-foolish! Wait till somebody needs one of those $16,000 a month cancer drugs and has no coverage. BIG mistake. People who ignore good advice do so at their own peril.

That said, some will want to "move in" with a sibling in another state to create a SEP. If you were their agent, what would you do?

To add to that if the average price of PDP goes from the current aprox 33.00 to say 50.00 then LEP goes up for future enrollments.Anybody know how this would affect consumers who are currently paying a LEP? I assume they are locked in at the .33 monthly LEP they are at now but don't know for sure.

Back