People Get the Agent That They Deserve

Johnnymc

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am so sick of dishonest clients who mislead agents.
Its no wonder that insurance sales is such a "dirty" industry.
Running appointments...writing business, only to have 2 effing moron cancel their medical exams. One wont answer the phone to tell me why and the other was pissed that assurity called him for a phone interview. I'm about ready to say screw this industry and go back into restaurants. Dirty effing c*ck suckers! Lost out on 2K because of those pricks.
I swear to christ, the more contact anyone has with a client (phone, in person, paramed exam, phone interview, the more likely it is that the slimy bastard s will cancel) I want a one appointment close, simplified issue, mail the policy and peace out. Half of the time by the time I have delivered the policy, the morons forgot that they bought it. Then there's the classic "why did they debit my checking account without telling me, that $38 premium took my balance to $0". If you buy insurance...you bought it the day you signed the application...make the note in your checkbook...oh wait, that would require using the check register to balance the account so $38 doesnt put you into poverty.

Ok..I feel better and my apologies to anyone who reads my angry rant! Its wine time!

Running appointments...writing business, only to have 2 effing moron cancel their medical exams. One wont answer the phone to tell me why and the other was pissed that assurity called him for a phone interview. I'm about ready to say screw this industry and go back into restaurants. Dirty effing c*ck suckers! Lost out on 2K because of those pricks.
I swear to christ, the more contact anyone has with a client (phone, in person, paramed exam, phone interview, the more likely it is that the slimy bastard s will cancel) I want a one appointment close, simplified issue, mail the policy and peace out. Half of the time by the time I have delivered the policy, the morons forgot that they bought it. Then there's the classic "why did they debit my checking account without telling me, that $38 premium took my balance to $0". If you buy insurance...you bought it the day you signed the application...make the note in your checkbook...oh wait, that would require using the check register to balance the account so $38 doesnt put you into poverty.

Ok..I feel better and my apologies to anyone who reads my angry rant! Its wine time!

I am positive you are not alone in your sentiments, but I would just go out and hit it harder tomorrow; someone who isn't such a turd will be happy to let you sell them. Make sure you have a lot of wine to brighten your disposition. ;)

I think we have all been there at some point...just keep your activity level high, and things will fall into place for you...

I guess I've been working a little differently than you for the past 24 years because my experience hasn't been anything like yours.

My experience has been the MORE contact I have with the client, the more likely they are to keep their insurance AND give unsolicited referrals.

Have you ever thought it's not the client and it might be YOU?

Wow...
2 who are understanding and 2 telling me to find another line of work! LOL

To the 2 who were not fans of my rant..get over yourself..I was just bitching!! LOL

Wow...
2 who are understanding and 2 telling me to find another line of work! LOL

To the 2 who were not fans of my rant..get over yourself..I was just bitching!! LOL

I have had those days also.

Suggestion: Maybe blend those four post and digest them. Sometimes it does take some self adjusting. A couple of these guys have been doing this a while.

Just my 2 cents.

don't get into LTC insurance.

Back