People Get the Agent That They Deserve

I am so sick of dishonest clients who mislead agents.
Its no wonder that insurance sales is such a "dirty" industry.
Running appointments...writing business, only to have 2 effing moron cancel their medical exams. One wont answer the phone to tell me why and the other was pissed that assurity called him for a phone interview. I'm about ready to say screw this industry and go back into restaurants. Dirty effing c*ck suckers! Lost out on 2K because of those pricks.
I swear to christ, the more contact anyone has with a client (phone, in person, paramed exam, phone interview, the more likely it is that the slimy bastard s will cancel) I want a one appointment close, simplified issue, mail the policy and peace out. Half of the time by the time I have delivered the policy, the morons forgot that they bought it. Then there's the classic "why did they debit my checking account without telling me, that $38 premium took my balance to $0". If you buy insurance...you bought it the day you signed the application...make the note in your checkbook...oh wait, that would require using the check register to balance the account so $38 doesnt put you into poverty.

Ok..I feel better and my apologies to anyone who reads my angry rant! Its wine time!

The old saying 'Do right by them and they will do right by you' ONLY applies to certain kinds of people and consequently you need to "categorize" your prospects and clients. Experiences like that hurt your morale and that's the biggest asset you have as a salesman IMO.

I am so sick of dishonest clients who mislead agents.
Its no wonder that insurance sales is such a "dirty" industry.
Running appointments...writing business, only to have 2 effing moron cancel their medical exams. One wont answer the phone to tell me why and the other was pissed that assurity called him for a phone interview. I'm about ready to say screw this industry and go back into restaurants. Dirty effing c*ck suckers! Lost out on 2K because of those pricks.
I swear to christ, the more contact anyone has with a client (phone, in person, paramed exam, phone interview, the more likely it is that the slimy bastard s will cancel) I want a one appointment close, simplified issue, mail the policy and peace out. Half of the time by the time I have delivered the policy, the morons forgot that they bought it. Then there's the classic "why did they debit my checking account without telling me, that $38 premium took my balance to $0". If you buy insurance...you bought it the day you signed the application...make the note in your checkbook...oh wait, that would require using the check register to balance the account so $38 doesnt put you into poverty.

Ok..I feel better and my apologies to anyone who reads my angry rant! Its wine time!

Don't count your money until the free look period passes!!

My motto is: "Don't get mad at your money". I hope I get 20 just like those in the OP every month. That would mean that I wrote 200 cases that month! It's all about "apptivity", baby.

Just this month I had $3,000 in FYC drop out of underwriting due to some unexpected circumstances. It still sucks, even this far into the business. The one's that suprise you hurt. Howver, after a while you will get a 6th sense on who is reliable and who is not. If you think they are a flake, you better have some very pointed questions for them on the front end and be ready to cut bait if the answers are not satisfactory.

I am not a MLM guy and never will be... But the old Amway saying that "you can't say the wrong thing to the right person". It sounds like you are not getting in front of the right people. If somebody is going to be overdrawn due to a $38 EFT, they are not a good candidate for financial service products. Let the Primerica guys chase that type of business while you find clients that want/need and can afford your products.

Back