• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Senior Life Insurance Contract For Telesales

I have a question. Bare with me Gordon I have been known by JD and others on here to have a reading comprehension problem.

In your post did you state you have only been doing FE for 6 months. Or are you stating your persistency/ placement rate for the last six months only.

If you have only been in the biz for 6 month how the heck do you know telesales is a failed method. How do you know LH and SL have the worst persistency? I can understand your statement if you have been around the block. But maybe I misread your post.

If you were saying that your persistency and placement were 100% in the last 6 months then that would not be adequate time to gauge persistency. I could say that in the last quarter I have 100% persistency and 100% placement. But that would not be accurate.

My average persistency over the last decade is 84%. I have been with LH the whole time. I have 22 producing agents and our average agency persistency is 86% over the last 12 months.

But then again I do field sales. I have never tried telesales so I can't comment on its persistency or placement.

No, I believe he was only referring to 2013.....hes been doing FE overall much longer. Im about 95% sure of that, but not 100%....Im sure he will chime in.

Lapse rate and placement will be higher then FE, is that a topic that you don't understand or wish to explain more in detail?

Placement rate and lapse rate will be higher with Telesales agents that produce from LH or SL since the rates are much worse then others and the agents are under more pressure to push sales to pay for overpriced leads that are below par.

Placement rate and lapse rate is going to be higher producing in telesales over field sales. You dodged the question and answered the way you usually do.

Let me get this clear for you, it will be on avg about 15 points lower even with a very good producing agent and producing more competitive products then SL or LH.

If that isn't more clear for you, then I don't know what is.

You're command (or lack of command) of the English language makes you sound like an illegal alien. Shall I call Border Patrol? JUST KIDDING?

But I do hear a lot of you independent agents complaining about certain companies rejecting or rating up your biz that you submit. That has to be frustrating.

I got to get back to work. How can u guys spend 30+ hours per week up here and still write any respectable amount of production?

Last edited:
I have a question. Bare with me Gordon I have been known by JD and others on here to have a reading comprehension problem.

In your post did you state you have only been doing FE for 6 months. Or are you stating your persistency/ placement rate for the last six months only.

If you have only been in the biz for 6 month how the heck do you know telesales is a failed method. How do you know LH and SL have the worst persistency? I can understand your statement if you have been around the block. But maybe I misread your post.

If you were saying that your persistency and placement were 100% in the last 6 months then that would not be adequate time to gauge persistency. I could say that in the last quarter I have 100% persistency and 100% placement. But that would not be accurate.

My average persistence over the last decade is 84%. I have been with LH the whole time. I have 22 producing agents and our average agency persistency is 86% over the last 12 months.

But then again I do field sales. I have never tried telesales so I can't comment on its persistency or placement.

I am talking this year. It is 100%. That includes FE, term policies, and a couple UL's. Everything I have written hasn't dropped. I worked in the field for over 13years, but took the last 3 years off.

Last edited:
I am talking this year. It is 100%. That includes FE, term policies, and a couple UL's. Everything I have written hasn't dropped. I worked in the field for over 13years, but took the last 3 years off.

Thanks for the clarification!! I thought I had read that wrong.

You're command (or lack of command) of the English language makes you sound like an illegal alien. Shall I call Border Patrol? JUST KIDDING?

But I do hear a lot of you independent agents complaining about certain companies rejecting or rating up your biz that you submit. That has to be frustrating.

I got to get back to work. How can u guys spend 30+ hours per week up here and still write any respectable amount of production?

I have only gotten one rate up in my FE business, nothing declined.

You got me, my English language should be translated into ghetto harmony!:D

My production speaks for itself. I used to work 60hours a week when I first started for several years... I like pacing myself and still enjoying my weekends off. I live near the best beaches in the world, why work all the time when I can go play volleyball and look at bikinis all day.:cool:

I have only gotten one rate up in my FE business, nothing declined.

You got me, my English language should be translated into ghetto harmony!:D

My production speaks for itself. I used to work 60hours a week when I first started for several years... I like pacing myself and still enjoying my weekends off. I live near the best beaches in the world, why work all the time when I can go play volleyball and look at bikinis all day.:cool:

Looking at young hot girls (or even old hot girls) in bikinis all day isnt always whats best for a married man! :D :D

Gordon112
You may need to drink some kool aid !!! It might help your fe production. By the way you are a expert in cars also aren't you? LOL

Gordon112
You may need to drink some kool aid !!! It might help your fe production. By the way you are a expert in cars also aren't you? LOL

MGA, are you telling everybody that you have been making a living on selling koolaid?

I think you just answered that question.

Back