• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Silver Sneakers with Med Supp?

SS would not be considered part of the Med Supp but would be equivalent to what MA companies call Value Added Benefits. These are basically benefits that are available until future notice and they are not obligated to provide them in perpetuity.

Somarco

I went to SS website and the only Med Supp plan is AARP. The other plans are MA plans

you misunderstood his question. he wants to know what ins carriers include the SS benefit, not which locations accept it.

I know here in TN AARP and Blue Cross supplements include the program.

Take a minute and comprehend what you read prior to jumping in and trying to prove someone wrong. If you've ever been to the Silver Sneaker's website you'd know you can search which plans offer the benefit.

Somarco provided a link whereby the OP could search the SS site and see which carrier offer the benefit in his/her area.

I've lost cases because a plan has SS, but I wonder just how many seniors go once or twice or not at all but just needed to say I have silver sneakers?

I've lost cases because a plan has SS

Don't think I have had that happen.

BCBSGA includes SS but they are usually priced higher than my best carrier. I took one away from BX earlier this year because the savings with another carrier was enough to offset paying a fitness center for a membership. In this case the wife used the SS benefit but her husband did not.

IF SS is client's main concern, then they need to be better educated. A bad Med Supp company can cost them many times over the cost of a gym membership a few years down the road.

medwining said:
IF SS is client's main concern, then they need to be better educated. A bad Med Supp company can cost them many times over the cost of a gym membership a few years down the road.

Are there any bad med supp companies out there that you could warn us about?

Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

So the SS site is wrong when it lists 15 plans that include SS membership?

They are the same, but nothing says a carrier, or marketing organization, can't offer spiffs.

Look at AARP.

If you want a UHC plan from them you must buy a membership ($16/yr) but they throw in a magazine, AARP discount card and all the other crap.

Some carriers also include a free Rx discount card with their plan.

AARP also express your political opinion.

Back