Silverscript Part D - What's needed to sell?

750 clients x $37.00 = $27,750.00. Definitely not worth the 2 hours of training you have to do.

Yep, 27K every year, even if you take a years off from selling them for whatever reason. Let's say an agent just has 150 PDP's on the books, that's still nice money to roll in each year in Jan/Feb. Most agents are doing the grunt work on Medicare dot gov anyway. I did hundreds of them when I was a captiv

I (personally) use Medicareful's eSOA for it. I have no clue if it is "needed" or not, but I capture it on all apps just to be sure.

Even with silverscript's e-mailed link app - I had thought a SOA was required so I always got it. Apparently it's not needed?

If you look in the Silverscript training "Product and Process Course" page 46, it says the SOA isn't necessarily needed when doing the email link for enrollment, because this is the equivalent of mailing a paper app.

If any of y'all who are on the fence about this want to see what the email enrollment link process looks like, pm me your email, and i'll show ya.

Has anyone else done the training on the new Humana email link enrollment? I did it last weekend, It looks pretty similar to the Silverscript process

Has anyone else done the training on the new Humana email link enrollment? I did it last weekend, It looks pretty similar to the Silverscript process

Did they say in the training the link is also the scope like SS?

Did they say in the training the link is also the scope like SS?

I think Humana's training said an electronic scope is still needed, unlike the SS training. Humana also offers the MAPD, so I imagine they are being a bit more cautious in the requirements. However, the electronic scope is fairly simple, you fill it out, send an email, they look it over and check a box to confirm info is correct, and it's done (far easier than getting an aetna medigap eapp signed, that's for sure). I have used it for SS and for Coventry MA/PDP, but not yet for Humana

The link in SS isn't really a scope, there is no scope, because the applicant is filling out the application. Since the applicant is filling out the application, not the agent, I think there's far less liability on the agent.

There has been talk of scopes going away in the near future, it's not a necessary as it once was. When mapd first came out, agents would sell it under the premise that is was the same as a medigap plan, but instead of paying $150 for a gap plan, an agent might say "i can give you medical, prescription, life insurance, cancer, and a short term care plan for the same $150" and obviously that wasnt true, so the Scope was implemented.

Last edited:
I've recommended my SC clients to EnvisionRx+ PDP plan at $12.60 even though I got nothing out of the deal since I don't have a contract with them. I emailed them to see if I could get contracted and they replied saying that they weren't taking any new agents at this time. Do they just allow agents to contract at certain times of the year?

I've recommended my SC clients to EnvisionRx+ PDP plan at $12.60 even though I got nothing out of the deal since I don't have a contract with them. I emailed them to see if I could get contracted and they replied saying that they weren't taking any new agents at this time. Do they just allow agents to contract at certain times of the year?
Oh, but you did—or will—get something out of the deal. You—and all of us who would have done it just the same way—just can’t put a dollar amount on it...yet.

The added value of assisting with the drug plan increases persistency and the likelihood of getting referrals. We get something then.

As for Envision, I’ve not heard of them contracting only seasonally, but do know they only contract with agents in select states.

Latest posts

Back