Telemarketing Leads Deal or No Deal?

I don't care what the lead piece says or what the telemarketer said to generate the lead.

All I want is for the person to agree to meet with me. And the less qualifying the better.

This is where we need to accept the expertise of the lead vendor. They have a vested interest in creating leads that will get us in the door. If they don't do that consistantly over time then no one will buy their leads.

It's kinda like the old saying, you don't want to see your sausage being made.

On teleleads I do want to know an outline of the script just so I will have an idea of what my opening line will be when I call them. Basically I just want to know what they responded to.

It's very hard to generate leads. If it was easy we would all just generate our own.

Not sure what your point is since your past script contained a question/answer for the respondent to verify a call from your burial insurance agent. I was suggesting a couple of questions that could be interchangeably used as the one verification question.

The car question tells the agent what car to look for in the driveway to determine if the person is home as well as being a fairly non invasive question that makes the respondent think about an answer instead of just giving yesses as a result of NLP techniques.

Why do you have Steve say burial insurance agent like 7 times? Seems overly repetitive.

It was not directed at anybody just a question. As for Steve he is an over achiever. :)

Not sure what your point is since your past script contained a question/answer for the respondent to verify a call from your burial insurance agent. I was suggesting a couple of questions that could be interchangeably used as the one verification question.

The car question tells the agent what car to look for in the driveway to determine if the person is home as well as being a fairly non invasive question that makes the respondent think about an answer instead of just giving yesses as a result of NLP techniques.

Why do you have Steve say burial insurance agent like 7 times? Seems overly repetitive.

Well, it does make it kind of hard for them to say when you call, "I didn't know this was about insurance" even though I am sure some will. :yes:

I don't care what the lead piece says or what the telemarketer said to generate the lead.

All I want is for the person to agree to meet with me. And the less qualifying the better.

This is where we need to accept the expertise of the lead vendor. They have a vested interest in creating leads that will get us in the door. If they don't do that consistantly over time then no one will buy their leads.

It's kinda like the old saying, you don't want to see your sausage being made.

On teleleads I do want to know an outline of the script just so I will have an idea of what my opening line will be when I call them. Basically I just want to know what they responded to.

It's very hard to generate leads. If it was easy we would all just generate our own.

I totally agree! A lead is simply an excuse for us to get into the house so we can find "need" or create "interest". It's up to us to close em up and get them covered!

I totally agree! A lead is simply an excuse for us to get into the house so we can find "need" or create "interest". It's up to us to close em up and get them covered!

2 top producers are in agreement.... Hmmmm....

That said., then why do so many TM companies touting knock out questions, security questions, beneficiary questions etc, act as if they are the golden ticket because they ask these questions.

Do these question really have a higher closing ratio?

Or is it the agent?

Weak agent needs the "questions" and strong agents don't?

Which means there is a place for both?

So you're saying you don't care if your leads say life insurance at this point? What about where you mail them?

That earlier thread you revived said you did a long time ago. Has you experience since then changed over time?

So you're saying you don't care if your leads say life insurance at this point? What about where you mail them?

That earlier thread you revived said you did a long time ago. Has you experience since then changed over time?

I LOVE my Life Insurance Lead... but just to be clear, it is better than the Vanilla E64 but if I had to go back, that would simply be a Doable adjustment!

I am a salesman... that is what I have done my whole life... If you see me coming up your walkway, you better hide your wallet...lol

When I started that thread back in 2012, I was trying to sell FE in one of the most difficult Cities in the nation! Once I started traveling, everything changed for the best.

Coffee is for closers, Dawg!:1cool:

I LOVE my Life Insurance Lead... but just to be clear, it is better than the Vanilla E64 but if I had to go back, that would simply be a Doable adjustment!

I am a salesman... that is what I have done my whole life... If you see me coming up your walkway, you better hide your wallet...lol

When I started that thread back in 2012, I was trying to sell FE in one of the most difficult Cities in the nation! Once I started traveling, everything changed for the best.

Coffee is for closers, Dawg!:1cool:

Thats a great motivator for me Doug, Im just in the beginning stages of starting to travel every week.

There is a huge difference in Tm leads. People knock Daviso but his leads are far far more qualified than Steve leads and that's a fact. The income levels on Steve leads are mostly horrid. The advantage of Steve leads is you can get quick but personally I like to work a little higher income level. It gets a little old walking up to trailors that smell of urine and dog crap. Lol

What it really boils down to is whether or not the lead piece works for YOU.

And to know that, you have to commit your marketing dollars to a process you might lose so as to know what does and doesn't work.

I think the rank-and-file beginner -- with limited funds and no experience -- should rely on lead pieces that actually say "life insurance," or telemarketing processes where prospects buy into the process themselves without pressure.

Over time, once they master those leads, only then should they consider trialing uber-vanilla pieces.

Back