Telemarketing Leads Deal or No Deal?

There is a huge difference in Tm leads. People knock Daviso but his leads are far far more qualified than Steve leads and that's a fact. The income levels on Steve leads are mostly horrid. The advantage of Steve leads is you can get quick but personally I like to work a little higher income level. It gets a little old walking up to trailors that smell of urine and dog crap. Lol

You do know you can set age and income demos with Thads leads, right?

What it really boils down to is whether or not the lead piece works for YOU.

And to know that, you have to commit your marketing dollars to a process you might lose so as to know what does and doesn't work.

I think the rank-and-file beginner -- with limited funds and no experience -- should rely on lead pieces that actually say "life insurance," or telemarketing processes where prospects buy into the process themselves without pressure.

Over time, once they master those leads, only then should they consider trialing uber-vanilla pieces.

I agree with that. The newer the agent the more help they need from the lead.

----------

There is a huge difference in Tm leads. People knock Daviso but his leads are far far more qualified than Steve leads and that's a fact. The income levels on Steve leads are mostly horrid. The advantage of Steve leads is you can get quick but personally I like to work a little higher income level. It gets a little old walking up to trailors that smell of urine and dog crap. Lol

I've never heard anyone knock his leads. In fact, all I've heard about his leads is that they are good leads and priced reasonably. About him as a person? That's a whole different story.

I understand your point.

Honestly, one of the reasons we use Fav Color is it's innocuous. You start getting to specific and you get paranoia. Hell, we get it with Fav Color. "Why do you wanna know? Who are you????" It's funny.

And if the agents are working the leads they way I tell them to, calling back immediately since they are delivered in real time, or at least within 24 hours, then it still does remind them of the call.

I'm open to ideas. I mean the pet name is a good one, until they say "No" or you get the paranoid "Why do you want my pets name????"

So if there's a great one out there lay it on me. Always open to improvement and input.

You're right. We do sometimes get people to balk at the security question(s). So we ask in a step by step form where we already get them answering our questions. But we ask a series of security questions in a certain order. For ex: we state "so you know it's my agent calling you back we need to set up a security password which the agent will give you when they call you. So do you have a pet like a cat or a dog and of so what is your pets name?

If they don't have a pet...then they ask if they have a hobby. But they are not allowed to offer up suggestions or ideas. We classify that as coaching. Next...we will ask if they have a nickname.

----------

If agents are willing to let us just ask if an agent can come meet them....I will sell those dirt cheap all day long!!!!! But at the end of the day someone made a great point...if you aren't making sales then you won't keep purchasing. We WANT agents to make sales. That's whether you work for us or not. I want to feel like I have some type of "future". If one isn't making sales then they will keep looking. We have a lot of repeat outside buyers and most of them are managers or agency's buying for their agents. So we believe we are doing something right with our extensive pre-qualifying. In fact we just added MORE.

Whats the best time of day to reach you? Morning, afternoon or evening.

Can't hurt right?

At the end of the day it does always come down to the agent regardless of the lead. I just had an agent of our own tell my company manager and THEN call ME and tell me just how horrible our leads are and that they are the worst leads he has ever bought in his long career.

Hey...can't please everyone but even I know...dude...start looking for something outside of this industry. LOL

One last point. We will always keep our income levels slightly higher for at least one main reason. If my TM's are taking alot of calls with ppl who have no bank accounts...they simply get pissed and frustrated and that spreads fast through the office. I have telesales agents in there also. It would effect everyone's moral and attitude.

I'd be willing to try Steve leads, see how they fair, he says life insurance a few times, and a bunch of 'will that be OK?'...

Anyone hitting it out of the park with these?

first batch I tried were ok. 2nd and 3rd having a real hard time talking with people that are interested and setting appts.
this is a sampling of about 100 leads

Last edited:
I've had the same results. I've ordered a few batches in different zips and the quality of the lead is just not there. It seems the great majority of the people answering the lead are very very low income .They're ok if you want some quick leads and need to fill gaps in your sch in.Maybe others have had more success but for me it just hasn't worked.

I've had the same results. I've ordered a few batches in different zips and the quality of the lead is just not there. It seems the great majority of the people answering the lead are very very low income .They're ok if you want some quick leads and need to fill gaps in your sch in.Maybe others have had more success but for me it just hasn't worked.

I'm curious, what lead has worked better for you?

----------

first batch I tried were ok. 2nd and 3rd having a real hard time talking with people that are interested and setting appts.
this is a sampling of about 100 leads

I'm curious, what lead has worked better for you?

Back