• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Writing 15 policies a week ?

Re: writing 15 policies a week??

there is a point when your volume can go beyond your capacity to do a good job for your clients.

This has always been my contention.

It is also my challenge. When I delegate to others the service is almost always degraded. Some agents are Wal-Mart. High volume, little or no customer service.

I run my business more like a boutique . . . except without the high price.

I know I can do a better job for my clients, and earn more referrals, by writing fewer policies during the course of the year.

...Getting into a debate about which group is less ethical is a no win situation. I'm not suggesting that I know which group is less ethical; I'm just stating that there is more than one perspective on the issue.

I doubt we can find which "group" is more or less ethical. Ethics comes down to each individual person and the morals they choose to live and work with.

However in many cases the low volume people are less ethical. Less successful agents sometimes will make a deal they shouldn't because they don't have another sale on the horizon.

This is very true. I don't agree with Rob Liano, that if you are posting on this forum, then you are less driven. Ironically, I have picked up the pace, since I have been in touch with what others are doing. Last week was a bad week for me, due to some other business concerns, and I still wrote 7 individual health apps, 1 critical illness and 2 dental apps.

I think that if you take most of your apps online, you could handle 15 and still do the service work, but you would need at least 1 assistant, particularly if you've been in business for a while. I don't take many apps online(mostly email and fax), but appreciate a higher persistency and more referrals. Its just what has worked for me. I don't do many of the one call closes anymore.

that would mean you have to work your butt off and make calls ALL DAY LONG wouldn't it?

You wouldn't really have time for the forum would you?

Maybe there's a sales tip.

The most prolific poster on this site walks and talks, hands out flyers and door hangers, smiles and dials and buys shared leads by the handful . . . yet still manages to write 5 - 10 "deals" per week and has consistently done that for 5 years.

As they said in the cafeteria scene from "When Harry Met Sally", I'll have what he is having . . .

This is very true. I don't agree with Rob Liano, that if you are posting on this forum, then you are less driven. Ironically, I have picked up the pace, since I have been in touch with what others are doing. Last week was a bad week for me, due to some other business concerns, and I still wrote 7 individual health apps, 1 critical illness and 2 dental apps.

I think that if you take most of your apps online, you could handle 15 and still do the service work, but you would need at least 1 assistant, particularly if you've been in business for a while. I don't take many apps online(mostly email and fax), but appreciate a higher persistency and more referrals. Its just what has worked for me. I don't do many of the one call closes anymore.

My quote wasn't a judgmental description of everyone on here, maybe it applied to some, maybe not, it's up to them to decide.

And I agree 100% as I am not less driven by posting on this forum but I (and you and many) are at a different level aren't we?

Why do many people forget the possibilities? Is everyone on this forum an individual entity? No.

I trained an agency that has an amazing system in place. They generate their own leads, tons of them, agents get over 100 leads weekly, many write double digits on a weekly basis consistently. They also have sales assistants and other assistance the whole way.

So anything is possible!

I guess he's just not gonna let us in on this wonderful lead source huh?

You are sooooo right. Bentley dangled this carrot in front of us and has astutely avoided giving us the information of this bountiful source of great leads. I wish he would just come out and flatly state that he is not going to share it with us.:realmad:

You are sooooo right. Bentley dangled this carrot in front of us and has astutely avoided giving us the information of this bountiful source of great leads. I wish he would just come out and flatly state that he is not going to share it with us.:realmad:
I'm not going to share this with you....

haha just playing, I don't want to risk any trouble or issues with the third and fourth parties that are involved in my deal...out of respect to them of course. The companies that these individuals work for might not be happy knowing that I'm recieving several thousand dollars worth of leads every week on their dime.

Back