Yet another CRM thread

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I'm putting this here instead of the technology thread because a large part of my business is Medicare.

First a little background. I purchased Agency Expert over 20 years ago. It has served me well for what I need. This is software installed on the computer and not cloud based. They sold to Agency Bloc and I didn’t make the transition. Given that there is no longer support for Agency Expert, it really is in my best interest to transition to a new CRM.

Seems to me that most CRM’s today are geared toward lead management. This is not what I need. My desire is a CRM where I can store client info, policy info for said client and all communications with the client (i.e. – emails, letters, etc.). I’d also like to be able to attach files (pdf’s of applications and possibly audio files of phone conversations). My phone system records phone calls and stores the recording for 90 days. I can download these files. I’d like to be able to attach them to the client file. Not all of them, but ones I feel are important.

Being able to create reports is important too. Generating birthday lists, production reports, lists of policies by carrier, etc. While commission reporting is nice in theory, I’m not really sure that’s important to me. I periodically review my commissions to make sure nothing is missing. I guess if a CRM can make that task easier, great. But again, that feature isn’t extremely important to me.

I haven’t reviewed Agency Bloc yet, but I do know the cost starts at $70 per month. While I can certainly afford that, it seems excessive for my needs. I know many of you use or have used Radius Bob. I’ve read posts from those who really like it and posts from some who don’t care for it. I’ve reviewed their website. I guess one of my questions is, how turnkey is it? Am I going to have to do a ton of customization to make it work for what I need?

I’ve also reviewed the website of Agile CRM. I haven’t seen much on the forum about them. Anyone use Agile CRM? Same question as above, how turnkey is it? Am I going to have to do a lot of customization to make it work for what I need?

Oh, I’d love the ability to import much of my data from my current CRM. If you are familiar with either of these CRM’s capabilities in that regard, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Lastly, any other CRM’s that I should consider? And remember, I don’t need it for lead management, recruiting or a dialer. My needs/wants are fairly basic here.

I appreciate input from anyone/everyone.

Zoho CRM with Phone (I use Twilio, others use Ring Central) is great.

All calls are recorded and stay connected to the client/lead record.
You can integrate your email as well.
You can attach files (letters, printed quotes) to each lead/client.
You can run every report you can think of.

You can customize anything in the sales module (ie a field for effective date, a field for product line, etc.). I even have a status: "in underwriting" and "approved"

I use Zoho CRM Pro. Not sure what it costs.

The biggest downside to Zoho is that it's not really "out of the box" - i.e. it's generic for any industry, not specific to our industry. I have customized mine quite a bit... over the course of years. I'm not even sure I can remember everything that I've "changed" in mine to make it the way it is.

Zoho CRM with Phone (I use Twilio, others use Ring Central) is great.

All calls are recorded and stay connected to the client/lead record.
You can integrate your email as well.
You can attach files (letters, printed quotes) to each lead/client.
You can run every report you can think of.

You can customize anything in the sales module (ie a field for effective date, a field for product line, etc.). I even have a status: "in underwriting" and "approved"

I use Zoho CRM Pro. Not sure what it costs.

Thanks. I don’t need, nor want the phone capabilities. I don’t need it for lead management. I’ll take a look and see if they have an option without the phone.

Not a huge fan of having to do a ton of customization either.

My phone system records phone calls and stores the recording for 90 days. I can download these files. I’d like to be able to attach them to the client file. Not all of them, but ones I feel are important.

Thanks. I don’t need, nor want the phone capabilities....I’ll take a look and see if they have an option without the phone.

Sorry - I read above (1st post) and mentioned the phone system within Zoho because it would save you from having to download, segment by importance, sort by person, and upload phone records. It saves it all right there - no sorting, no uploading, no attaching.... If John Smith calls me today and asks about Xarelto on his Part D -- that call is in John Smith's file, timestamped, automatically.

Maybe you don't need it. I'll say, maybe for the others who will read the thread in the future, it's nice having it all integrated. When Larry D. who you sold 4 years ago, but haven't talked to since 2018, calls you his name pops up on the computer screen, his address and all your notes: you answer, and his "file" is open, and you see (immediately) that he has an Anthem Plan G, effective 4/1/18. You "remember" Larry in the time it takes to say "Hello"

But yes, you can use Zoho without Phone. I did it that way for years. There was a time when Phone in Zoho wasn't even an option.

My sons helping me with Radius Bob . It seems to be good for client info like birthdays , emails and notes . We looked at Medicare pro and it seemed more geared for commission tracking and storing clients drugs which I don’t need as I have Connecture .

Yes. But the best part is the ability to run MA and PDP quotes through SunFire. It links directly to your SunFire Matrix account. Client's or prospect's scripts can be saved and/or quoted. Saves me a lot of time. They've got a thirty day trial. Worth looking at.

MedicarePRO | CRM

Cloze is an easy-to-customize but robust CRM. Its cloud based, agnostic so its on all platforms.

It integrates all your email accounts, and integrates with Evernote. Evernote is a fantastic integration for me to upload PDFs, client docs, recorded phone conversations, etc. with excellent sort functions. It also keeps up with my clients social media posts and texts.

I tag all my Cloze records for easy sorting, mail merging, etc. which makes it easy to sort MedSupp, MAPD, clients sold, FE, etc. and for the money (between $17-$21) its fantastic. I've used it for almost 10 years now.

IM me if you want further conversation.

Back