Insuranceleads.com Fraud Alert

lakeloveroktx

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Just a warning to agents looking at internet leads.

I received a lead today from an elderly lady. She stated she has no computer or the internet. She then told me someone called her yesterday to complete an insurance survey. She has an Advantage plan and knows she can't do anything until open enrollment. She gave me the telephone number of the person who did the survey. It is a cell phone in Va.

I called my rep and insuranceleads.com and told them the story and that I wanted them to investigate and find out the source of the fraud. They can easily find out the ip address because they said the lead was from their owns site not an affiliate.

They gave me credit but refused to investigate or let me know if the ip address matched the lead address in Tx or was from Va.

They told me that if getting credit wasn't good enough then we weren't a good match anymore.

Just for the record they told me I have spent over $5,000 in the last 2 years with them.

I closed my account.

Just a warning to agents looking at internet leads.

I received a lead today from an elderly lady. She stated she has no computer or the internet. She then told me someone called her yesterday to complete an insurance survey. She has an Advantage plan and knows she can't do anything until open enrollment. She gave me the telephone number of the person who did the survey. It is a cell phone in Va.

I called my rep and insuranceleads.com and told them the story and that I wanted them to investigate and find out the source of the fraud. They can easily find out the ip address because they said the lead was from their owns site not an affiliate.

They gave me credit but refused to investigate or let me know if the ip address matched the lead address in Tx or was from Va.

They told me that if getting credit wasn't good enough then we weren't a good match anymore.

Just for the record they told me I have spent over $5,000 in the last 2 years with them.

I closed my account.

Did you do a search for them on this forum before you bought their leads?

What did you want them to do?
They are obligated to credit the lead. They did.

The fact they admitted it didn't come from an affiliate is a bit worrying, but strange things happen sometimes.

Yes, I understand closing the account, just not sure what you needed the IP stuff for. From your description, they were trying to get leads to sell you, not total fraud (she did talk to someone) but not completely legit either, since she wasn't looking and knew she wasn't eligible.

Do they credit back everyone they sold this lead to? No. That's why they do it. If they had to credit back everyone once the lead is proven bogus, they wouldn't do these things.

Dan

They should try to stop the fraud. If they do not then they are liable. I do not hold them responsible for people that change their minds. But if they allow fraud and do nothing to stop it then they deserve to be sued.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark,

Yes. I have used them for a couple of years. But I have never seen them be this bad. There is a difference between bad affiliates and them committing fraud. They have called me back and admitted it was from one of their own sites not an affiliate. That means they are knowingly letting people or paying people to do this. I bought lead from people that went on the internet and requested a quote. I did not buy bogus telemarketed leads.

Last edited:
They sold me a lead from their site and a sister site almost simultaneously. They credited it. Then it happened again the next day.

Internet leads are their own special variety of suck. Direct mail leads are good, but Prospecting is better. I no longer pay for leads and I sell just as much. Net result? I'm making a lot more money.

Also, I marvel how many threads I've seen people saying internet leads companies are being dishonest and yet someone comes on and defends the LEAD COMPANY! I don't get it? :no:

I dont get some of u people, the lead companies would never sell sub par leads to agents, come on now, u really think its in their best interest to do that?

It is - because it's a huge profit. Many don't return the lead for credit.

Now I'm not saying any lead vendors do this, but imagine the cash cow if you get 100 bogus leads, give 'em out to your agents, 60 request credit which means 40 pay but you don't pay the affiliate for those 100 bogus leads.

Hmmmmmmm.....

I actually got a lead like that from them 2 years ago.

Wrote a post on here about it someplace.

They've been telemarketing to generate leads for a while now.

Lady had no computer, said she was called for a survey.

Back