Insuranceleads.com Fraud Alert

Update 3/08/12

One of the upper management called me. He is investigating this. I will let you know what happens. He agrees that this is bad and he knows the CMS rules that have been violated.

I will let everyone know what happens.

Like I said before, I'd be surprised if you got more than damage control/lip service. This has been ongoing for over 2 years now.

The scary part is all those vendors also sell to each other.

A couple vendors were also telemarketing for live transfer, then if no live transfer agents were available to take the lead it went into the lead pool and was sold to agents as an internet generated lead.

I called several from 2 different vendors where people claimed to have just gotten off the phone with someone who called for a survey and had no computer. Those same vendors sold live transfer leads.. put 1 and 1 together.

Back in '09, InsuranceLeads.com offered a legitimate service with decent leads. However, when AllWebLeads bought them, they've sucked ever since.

A fellow agent was buying home leads. He also owned some low income rental units. Well, he rents a unit to a local bumb, then a day later gets his info on a lead from AWL. The tennant said he just turned on his power.

I'm sure I would be amazed at what goes on behind the curtains of these lead companies.

I won't defend misrepresentation but what is wrong with a lead from a survey?

Generally a survey lead is someone answering questions to get something other than what they are taking the survey for. A marketing campaign MUST be customized for THAT agent not just a general group. Make your marketing money work for you and you alone, why buy in to a general pool and hope for the best, that doesn't sound like a good investment to me. If after reading this you still prefer leads over appointments PLEASE make sure they are exclusive to you and you alone.

:idea:

Back