UHL May Be Getting Their Act Together

Every once in a while they seem to come through on a weird obscure case. Other than that they are a bottom tier, amendment happy insurance company looking for a reason to turn somebody down.

You'll love his other fave...Am Am......

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

I still don't get how UHL fits into the FE market. I've used them 4 times this year, all 4 times were selfish and based on commission. I could lose my contract with the and never bat an eye. They aren't competitively priced and their UW is sporadic at best.

I get that the IMO on this thread likes them, but can't see a universe in which they would be a go to company.

If you'd like to write them exclusively I GA, come on down...the water is fine. Every house and I mean EVERY house I've been into that has a UHL policy, no longer has a UHL policy.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

I still don't get how UHL fits into the FE market. I've used them 4 times this year, all 4 times were selfish and based on commission. I could lose my contract with the and never bat an eye. They aren't competitively priced and their UW is sporadic at best.

I get that the IMO on this thread likes them, but can't see a universe in which they would be a go to company.

If you'd like to write them exclusively I GA, come on down...the water is fine. Every house and I mean EVERY house I've been into that has a UHL policy, no longer has a UHL policy.

That's strange because here in FL their prices are always on the low end. They are in line with Foresters, Oxford, Trans, and nearly always better than RNA.

----------

You'll love his other fave...Am Am......

Oh I definitely have a soft spot in my heart for Am Am...just like LH and Senior Life. Come to think of it I replaced and Am Am just last week.

Not sure I would agree with your assessment but after telling me that my app would approved graded becasue of a medication, they changed their mind and issued it Premier after I told them the drug was being taken off-label . Apparently any type of circulatory drug is going to be a KO for immediate coverage.

There really are no knock out drugs at UHL. They use them as a guide and clue that someone may have a condition they asked about.

There really are no knock out drugs at UHL. They use them as a guide and clue that someone may have a condition they asked about.

OK.. Guess I worded that wrong. Appears any type of circulatory problem that requires medication (other than HP) is going to be a KO. You are right It is not the drug but the condition that creates the underwriting problem.

OK.. Guess I worded that wrong. Appears any type of circulatory problem that requires medication (other than HP) is going to be a KO. You are right It is not the drug but the condition that creates the underwriting problem.

Nope, they will take preventative, maintenance, and risk lowering drugs. For the most part, the key is that the insured has been taking it over 2 years.

Nope, they will take preventative, maintenance, and risk lowering drugs. For the most part, the key is that the insured has been taking it over 2 years.

I would think Trental falls in that category even if it had been taken for circulatory problems. Been taking for almost 5 years. But in the long run, they were willing to hear out the appeal and underwrite based on the information provided.

Do you use them very much?

Latest posts

Back